Go to footer

Ragdoll

Ok, so stuffed animals aren't exactly dolls - most of us have them and some of us make them so why not?

Ragdoll

Postby absynthe1972 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:55 am

I made a boo boo. I forgot to really do her face before sewing her up. I never, ever should start a project when in the midst of a migraine headache. I make mistakes that way. I dunno...instead of painting her face, I may try to embroider it now. (I've done that before on other projects and it didn't turn out too terrible.)

Her legs are that color because I don't want to mess with stockings. Still need to make her shoes (brown corduroy) and her dress and pinafore - not to mention her yarn wig - and a cap. Then...my 70cm girl will have a doll of her own. =D

After that, I'll have to invest in an embroidery hoop or paint the face FIRST before anything else. I think I know what my grandnieces (one of them will be a year old and one will be born this October) will be getting for Christmas. I'll do theirs with Christmas material (duh). lol! I'll even send along some extra dresses for different holidays.

I'm just not in the mood to play with the bjds right now so I decided to make some ragdolls in a pattern book that I found at Salvation Army.
My what big EYES you have!
absynthe1972
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Ragdoll

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:58 am

She is very cute! XD Even if she doesn't have a sewed on face
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby absynthe1972 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:24 am

Thanks. The next one will have an embroidered face. lol!
absynthe1972

Postby delbelcoure » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:19 am

Lots of people put on the faces after the doll is stuffed. I'm sure she'll look great when you've finished her - she's awfully cute even now.
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby absynthe1972 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:49 pm

delbelcoure wrote:Lots of people put on the faces after the doll is stuffed. I'm sure she'll look great when you've finished her - she's awfully cute even now.
Susan

Thanks. I ended up painting her face (sloppily, unfortunately) with water colors and water pencils. *sigh* Then I finished her outfit. She's sitting on my ceder chest waiting for Christmas as a friend of mine requested her for the Christmas present. lol! I then started a marionette who looks like a Renaissance man and some funky dollieh that still needs clothes. lol! My husband thinks I've lost my mind.
absynthe1972

Return to Board index

Return to Who You Callin' Plushy?