Go to footer

Szayel 5'6" Plush from "Bleach"

Ok, so stuffed animals aren't exactly dolls - most of us have them and some of us make them so why not?

Re: Szayel 5'6" Plush from "Bleach"

Postby hanabushi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:18 am

O.O

That is just freaking amazing. Holy smokes. o.o How much does something like that go for???
hanabushi
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Itsaiya » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:06 pm

Oh jeeze o____o; That sounds painful D: *Refrains from attempting this herself* OTL

SetsunaKou wrote:Awww, thanks, everyone!! :hug: I'm really happy you like him so much!!!! It is hilarious when my sister, mother or father (and I) just kept 'jumping' everytime we came in the room he was in. It's amazing to think that even when you KNOW something is there, if it's too big and 'human looking', you'll STILL do that scared taken aback reflex EVERY time!! It's crazy! I wonder if the girl we made him for does double takes, too!!! ^^;; But by now, she's probably gotten used to him being around. ^^

Itsaiya-san, yes, they're very difficult to make, especially if wanted 'poseable'. You need to build an internal skeleton that poses like humans----swivelling arms, bending elbows and swivelling wrists, turning neck, sitting at lower waist, bending at hipjoints, knees and turning at ankles. This takes the most time and always causes cuts and bruises. ^^;; My sister takes care of making the skeleton and when she's done, she's always left with big gashes on her legs or arms because you need to use super heavy duty electrical wiring inside the skeleton for added poseability. (The wires cut as she shoves them up a leg or in an arm.) We seal them after they're in so they're not 'sharp' anymore, but beforehand....argh! My poor sister!)
Then, after that ordeal, you need to make the plush! And scale out the sizing, style, etc. We put 'padded chests' on them for muscle tone and at the upper arms, calves, too. ^^
Finally, after the plush is built, you need to fully stuff him, add the details, like face, hair, nails (yup he has nails and toenails!) then you have to make his clothes, which is like making a full size cosplay because he's human sized. ^^ It's so funny putting real shoes on plushies!! I think that's one of the reasons we do the double takes-----he just ends up looking too real because the shoes are on him!! We've done 5 lifesized plushies now, and every time, they're a horror to make. They're definitely a full week's project.

Thanks again everyone for your super super kind comments!!! :hug:

God bless!
Akihito [DZ Yuu], Red [ED Red], Sweetpea [DF Popo], Apollo [BBB Apollo], Reli [B&G Sharon], (phoenix) Efriete [B&G Afra], (human) Efriete [Migidoll Miho], Seth [Migidoll Ryu], Horus [Obitsu 50cm].

Do want: DR Xiao chi [as Xieu]; DOD Luke v2 [as Daven]; DIM Rain [as Rain]
Itsaiya
Dolly Pardon

Postby Jade_Hunter » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:08 pm

that is just sssccaarrryyy, I would be looking out for him sneaking up on me
Jade_Hunter

Postby Ms. Geek » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:49 pm

OMG...that's just...amazing... :shock:
Ms. Geek

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Thanks so much for all the kind words!!! That makes my day!!!! ^^ Doumo arigatou!!!!!!! :hugs to all:

hanabushi wrote:O.O

That is just freaking amazing. Holy smokes. o.o How much does something like that go for???

Thanks, hanabushi-san. ^^ This particular plush was, I think, $950 USD. It's expensive, but it's really not worth it, to make them for any less because they take at least 7 days to make, the materials are quite costly (fabrics, fiberfill, internal skeleton parts and joints) and they're also needing a full cosplay costume on top of it (more fabrics, zippers, shoes, buttons, etc)! He's so huge, that the shipping was about $120.

If we make this size (5' 7") without an internal skeleton (just floppy), then it's about $700 USD.
We just made one like that a few months ago.

Someone else recently wanted to commission a lifesize Ryou Bakura plush like this, but we're so exhausted this year from regular commission work, that we turned them down. It's just too much work and stress to make lifesize, poseable plush. ^^ Maybe next year we'll feel like tackling this size again, but for now, we'll stick to 4 foot and under. ^^

Thanks for asking!!!! :hugs:

~Setsuna
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Trethowan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:57 pm

I just keep thinking... hmm... a giant Ivan....

I like the concept, very cool. I'm sure the creep-factor is a lot of fun, you could do a lot with that. *strokey beard motion*
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Shinku_Rhapsody » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Wow! That's impressive! 0.0
Shinku_Rhapsody
Dolly Pardon

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Who You Callin' Plushy?