Go to footer

Sugarheart the pony and Mrs. Lovett too!

Ok, so stuffed animals aren't exactly dolls - most of us have them and some of us make them so why not?

Sugarheart the pony and Mrs. Lovett too!

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:28 am

Thats a regular G4 sitting between her legs there. Sugarheart was my mock up for this pattern, and she came out cute enough that I kept her. She's a lil fuzzly now from living on my bed for a while. Have since tweaked the pattern to make the nose a little sharper and the legs a little fatter, and definitely not working in thick polarfleece again. Plus she has wayyyy too much hair, theres no rhyme or reason to it. Have a Twilight Sparkle all cut out and ready to be sewn soon.

Not really plush but she's cloth and stuffed so... Mrs. Lovett is actually made from a pattern in this book I borrowed from my grandmother on making historically dressed dolls. They're all made to have similar proportions to vintage Barbies so the clothing would fit. She's got lace trimmed bloomers and striped socks with leather boots on underneath too. Sweeney Todd is going to be done eventually too, his hair is being a problem right now.
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Re: Sugarheart the pony and Mrs. Lovett too!

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Those are wonderful >_<
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby EAB » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Very sweet. Sugarheart is a heart stealer.
Do you know the site Dollmaker's Journey? They have wonderful patterns for cloth dolls and animals for all skill levels. You might enjoy taking a look at their stuff.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby MissIscariot » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Ha! I love Mrs. Lovett's expression. Your pony pattern seems familiar--do you happen to post on SomethingAwful?
MissIscariot

Return to Board index

Return to Who You Callin' Plushy?