Go to footer

Princess Celestia 24" My Little Pony Custom Plush

Ok, so stuffed animals aren't exactly dolls - most of us have them and some of us make them so why not?

Princess Celestia 24" My Little Pony Custom Plush

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:03 am

Hi Min'na-sama!!!!

My sister and I just finished a Pinkie Pie 7" plush for a commission, and tonight, we made a Princess Celestia 24" x 24" x 30" plush for auction and I'm so thrilled with her result! I want to keep her!!!! :laughs: I've ALWAYS loved Pegasus Unicorns, so she's right up my alley!

Anyway, on to the photos!

Hope you like her!!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Princess Celestia 24" My Little Pony Custom Plush

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:35 pm

She's adorable! >_<
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Evelien » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't have a thing for ponies at all but she looks wonderful!!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Princess Celestia~! Your rainbow mane is made so win!
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby magkelly » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:27 am

Evelien wrote:I don't have a thing for ponies at all but she looks wonderful!!

Like Eve said, no pony lover here but she's NICE. Great job. I'm bad when it comes to ponies actually. I only grab them at the thrift to get their colored hair for re-roots. I particularly like it when they have color change hair and really long tails. I usually give them new tails of colored tinsel after that and give them to kids or throw them out if they aren't in the best shape. I guess next time I run across a bunch I should let you all have them, huh? I daresay you'll probably enjoy customing them all up.

But yeah, I've probably stolen the hair from at least 2 dozen ponies for Barbies. I can't afford the prices for hanks of doll hair online so I use those and bulk hair extensions for mine mostly. These days the newer types of bulk hair it's almost as soft as doll hair. Not quite but it works just fine most of the time for Barbies. I don't re-root the larger dolls. Too hard. I just make wigs or buy them for those. This plush girl, my niece would just love her. You did a super job there, very impressed.
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks so much, Lamia-san, Evelien-san, Gift-san and Magkelly-san!! :hugs: I appreciate you taking the time to comment!!! I'm so so so happy you like her!! Even though you don't like ponies, too!! :) YAY!! That's made my day!!!!

Magkelly-san, it's a good idea to reuse existing doll/pony hair for reroots where necessary!! We used to do that when there was a color that wasn't available in hanks online. (But now that dollyhair.com has practically EVERY color you can imagine, we don't often do that anymore. I remember buying some Barbies just to chop off their hair about 10 years ago!! :laughs:) I actually just did it on my Rogue Volks doll-----I loved the hair texture and color from a generic doll so much, I used her hair for my Rogue!! Came out wonderfully and I am super happy with her!!!! It's always great to keep your eyes open for unusual doll finds in all types of ways!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Another non pony person here but Its always impressive whenever you and your sister rolls out another finished job.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Nko » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:39 pm

First thing: what happened with those ponies? Deviantart is full of them and today I went to macdonalds and that gave me one... I was used to the "vintage" version of my little ponies and I find hard to get used to those "anime" ones.
Second thing: (but not less important) your plushie is really amazing, it looks so professional! I love how you made the hair and the golden parts, you an your sister did a good job, it should be hard to let her go now!

P.S. how is it called the purple unicorn? (it's the one I got at the Mac Donald's) XD
Nko
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks so much, Iwa-san and Nko-san!! :hugs: I'm really really happy you like her so much!!!! YAY!!! You're the best! Thanks for commenting!

Nko-san, I think maybe it's "Twilight Sparkle"? I've never seen this new series myself yet, but I've been commissioned to make a Twilight Sparkle Gijinka costume for a customer and it was a purple/lilac unicorn with dark blue hair that has purple and pink highlights in it. Is that the one you received? ^^
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby quidam » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 pm

I'll buck the trend and say that I am a pony fan. The princess is one of my favorites, and yours is lovely!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Who You Callin' Plushy?