Go to footer

Creepysidius says "hiiiiii"

Ok, so stuffed animals aren't exactly dolls - most of us have them and some of us make them so why not?

Creepysidius says "hiiiiii"

Postby tirsden » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:04 pm

...he's ready for his padded room. XD I'm not sure which category to post him to, as he's mostly-plushie and doesn't have a single BJD joint in him even though he's an SD head... so here goes nuffin!

Creepysidius is a major work in progress finally getting to the point of being somewhat presentable. He is a Soom Obsidius head in normal skin I received in a trade from Nightweaver, and I did his faceup and made the plushie body. Quite the undertaking, and the white plushie body (it is actually white, camera yellow-shifted everything) was supposed to be a test run but I like it so much it's becoming his first official body. I want to get some nice Spoonflower fabrics for another body, but finances are crap at the moment and in the meantime, this one works. He measures 24cm high and although his ears are a bit pokey, he's very cuddleable (physically anyways, character-wise I am not quite sure lol).

work in progress steps:
~ original concept sketches
~ faceup evolution
~ mockup construct body that's now his official first body

Sadly I didn't take progress pictures of the body's internal structure thinking I would be tearing it apart later for a more colorful (and expensive) fabric cover but here's the parts rundown: fabric, embroidery floss, at least 20 pipecleaners for internal wireframe structure which makes him very sturdy and also holds the head on nicely, polyfill stuffing, and a bag of glass beads in his butt to keep him sitting up.
Faceup is chalk pastel blushing, Prismacolor watercolor pencil, and gloss for the lips / right above the eyes.
Eyes are temporary, I have a mismatched runic-pattern set coming from Ersa Flora. Currently he's got one 14mm blue Impldoll glass eye and one completely-pink bead.

I'm planning to add some "kiddy"/rough-looking embroidery to the body in bright colors (mostly cuz the body is already put together plus my embroidery skills are pretty basic lol), and add more rough-looking stitches along the seams. I'm going to attempt a fabric wig for him since the regular doll wigs I tested on him hide so much of his faceup and also don't get along with his ears well... I've just never done the fabric-style hair (like for anime character plushies) so that'll be a challenge. I think I'll also sew him some clothes when I get that far, he has such an odd body shape that everything pretty much has to be hand-sewn (though I think he can get away with wearing some MSD shirts lol, haven't tried yet).

He's very stable and has so far been a rather unique project to work on (and a major timesink!). His faceup as I was doing it threw me off for a while because I was hoping for creepy-cute and got... creepy-handsome? Also the way I divided the "fabric" sections blushed and drawn onto him gives him a cliché super-hero mask look (oops). ^^;; He'll keep the faceup for a good long while, but it's one I wouldn't mind redoing someday (just not cleaning the old one off, that's a lot of layers of Purity Seal and MSC). I have clear eyelashes I may actually use on him (freebies from Bobobie), contemplating giving the tips some color with acrylic paint before I add them.

What do I actually think of him? I don't honestly know yet. XD I do like him, I've just currenly blown so many hours on him that most of what I can see is the mistakes I've made / things I want to change / etc... but he's coming along. Hair would help tremendously, whatever kinda "wig" he ends up with. I've had fun working on him so far, and his character is very slowly forming as some kind of magical construct that will be tied to my in-waiting-limbo unnamed Dollzone June head in some way (June-head will get a DZ body once I know what the doll's gender is and he/she gets their turn in the waiting-for-a-body line). I think June-head will be a magic user or have supernatural powers, and quite possibly created Creepysidius.

...*fwop!* breaktime. xD
tirsden
i see dead dolliehs

He's done! :D

Postby tirsden » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:40 pm

He's donedonedone! *bounces* And so different from what I thought going into the project, but I loves him. <333 I knew the moment I'd completed his hair and stuck it back on him that he's everything he's supposed to be now (not counting the temporary eyes lol). Yeah, he's still missing his Ersa Flora mismatched Decarbia and Asmodius eyes (hoping to see them in the mail tomorrow or Tuesday) but here he is otherwise-complete with some of my other dolls:

Creepy has a soft spot for little ones. Little Aster likes Creepy's hair. xD

Big Aster likes Creepy's hair too... and Shirei the Shinto shrine spirit just staaaaaaaaaaaaaares.

the rest of the work in progress steps:
body embroidery part 1 which also shows how the head is attached
body embroidery part 2
embroidery floss hair experiment that looked a bit odd and way too sparse sooo...
hair finally alllllllll done, 300+ strands of embroidery floss for 600+ total actual hair strands (due to how they're tied in at the half-way point on each strand)

His dolly page with more on his character is over here.

Oof. So much work. Something like literal consecutive days when putting all the time together, and I watched soooo many video game LPs on Youtube to help pass the time. It works! And now I have a creepy-handsome cutie with Tina-Turner-on-crack hair. xD Epic experimental dolly is epic. ^_^
tirsden
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Creepysidius says "hiiiiii"

Postby britbrat18 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:23 pm

I like him! He is definitely a little creepy, but in a really cool way. The colors are nice, and you did an really great job on his face-up. And not dolly related, but I like watching Let's Play videos on Youtube too. :D
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby tirsden » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Thankye, he's been so much fun to work on and figuring out his character is also quite interesting. ^_^ Now if only his "creator" would get home from Dollzone, I can do more with the character end of things. :3

LPs for the win! (Hmm and vinyl records too, lol *runaway tangent, wheee!*)
tirsden
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Llwynog » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:50 am

I like him.
Llwynog
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby tirsden » Mon May 07, 2012 10:29 am

Gracias! ^__^ He's fit in well with the doll family, even if some of them don't trust him because nobody knows where he came from... yet. :3

Newer pictures, the second one (sort of) shows his proper Ersa Flora runic eyes which he has in now:

Aiden my MNF Luka / Dollzone hybrid likes the Creepster too. :mrgreen:
tirsden
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Astrid » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:57 pm

He makes me feel happy when I look at him! LOL I love his name and his figure! Great work!
Astrid
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby cirquemom » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 pm

I just watched the movie "Freaks" and he kind of reminds me of that. Nice, but....kinda scary.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Astrid » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:24 pm

cirquemom wrote:I just watched the movie "Freaks" and he kind of reminds me of that. Nice, but....kinda scary.

freaks! I hoe it was the classic black and white version, I do think people with microcephaly (pinhead shape) are cute though
Astrid
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:01 pm

O__O
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Who You Callin' Plushy?