Go to footer

Fish Pillow is on his last legs, so to speak... UPDATE 1/14

Ok, so stuffed animals aren't exactly dolls - most of us have them and some of us make them so why not?

Fish Pillow is on his last legs, so to speak... UPDATE 1/14

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:09 am

:cry:

My beloved Fish Pillow, which has been with me for many years (about 11-12 years, as close I can figure... my little brother ripped one of Fish Pillow's fins off when he was 2 or 3 and bro is 14 now...), is falling apart at the seams. I sewed him up a couple times but he keeps falling apart. His whites parts are starting to turn yucky colors from where I've been laying on him, but a turn through the wash will probably destroy him :(

I have found an unstuffed one that looks just like him on the internet, but a new one would just not be the same.

Time to search for a new pillow creature :?:

::UPDATE::

Here's a picture of my sad Fish Pillow:

I did bring home a new pillow creature (a Unicorn Pillow pet). Unicorn Pillow will be going into active service so that my beloved Fish Pillow can retire. Fish Pillow is still cuddly enough to get hugs ^__^
Last edited by Lamia of the Dark on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Fish Pillow is on his last legs, so to speak...

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Can you print the fish on to printable fabric and make a new one?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby EAB » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:30 pm

This is very sad.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Raven132 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:03 am

sorry your friend is falling apart.
Raven132
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:51 pm

DollyKim wrote:Can you print the fish on to printable fabric and make a new one?

I've actually found the same fish online (it comes unstuffed for some reason, though), but a new one would just not be the same.

EAB wrote:This is very sad.

Raven132 wrote:sorry your friend is falling apart.

T__T he did last through over a decade of heavy use, despite losing a fin early in his life.....
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:04 am

Well, if you really want to rejuvenate him, get Perk and Boost from Twin Pines of Maine. Unstuff the fish. Remove any loose part, eyes, etc. Clean the fish with the product. If parts of the fish are now too thin or otherwise damaged, add similar fabric on the inner side as a patch. Once the fish is carefully cleaned and restored, stuff him with new stuffing (he deserves it) and enjoy him for another decade or two!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:14 am

zirconmermaid wrote:Well, if you really want to rejuvenate him, get Perk and Boost from Twin Pines of Maine. Unstuff the fish. Remove any loose part, eyes, etc. Clean the fish with the product. If parts of the fish are now too thin or otherwise damaged, add similar fabric on the inner side as a patch. Once the fish is carefully cleaned and restored, stuff him with new stuffing (he deserves it) and enjoy him for another decade or two!

His fabric is wearing thin all over. He has a few small holes in random places and his tail area is held together with a big safety pin because the stitches wouldn't hold. (I sewed his tail area up twice, but the way it's ripped, it doesn't hold the stitches well when I continue to use him as a pillow.)
Lamia of the Dark

Re: Fish Pillow is on his last legs, so to speak... UPDATE 1

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:47 pm

bump for update
Lamia of the Dark

Postby lili » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:51 pm

I used to have the softest blanket ever, but it fell apart after around 10 years of use. It was so fragile it would rip like paper, it couldn't even be sewn up. Sorry for your loss, it really sucks having to throw something you've had for so long away. :(
[ RS Ya - Mignonette || RS Ling - Armelle || DIM Eileen - Alice]
Hello, I'm Lily. I have a sad, sad tree.
lili
i see dead dolliehs

Postby ~TurkishDelight~ » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:17 am

Ahhh, everyone is making me really sad. T^T I'm sorry about your fish pillow, and everyone here who has suffered similar losses. Ah, just looking at its picture making me tear up. It's so cute and loved. :cry:
currently fighting cancer. please forgive my chemo-brain. ^^
my 1/6 dollieh Wishlist & 4Sale/Trade list~ :P
~TurkishDelight~
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Who You Callin' Plushy?