Go to footer

A dragon story

Ok, so stuffed animals aren't exactly dolls - most of us have them and some of us make them so why not?

A dragon story

Postby DisneyHorder » Tue May 28, 2013 4:00 pm

http://saphraira.deviantart.com/art/Spike-374469562

This is spike, he is possibly the most precious thing I own.

When I was younger I had spike, spike was the main plush in my life and I loved him very dearly. One day, somehow I lost spike, proceeded to move houses and wonder in the back of my mind where he was, assuming he was in storage having gotten jumbled up in the move to the new house.

I begin middle school and a severe depression seems to rule my life constantly, I have few friends, my parents fight constantly because of my fathers drinking, he has an accident on the highway and is sent to rehab, I keep to myself and begin the desperate search for things from my childhood to help me through this time.

I have what I call a "Tantrum" and begin crying and screaming,imagine how mourners following a coffin scream in hysteria, it was that kind of noise, not souly for spike, other things plagued my little mind, not just normal middle school things but also the feeling that I was not helping prevent large problems (pollution, starvation etc..).

I have this kind of tantrum during testing times and FCAT, all the while wanting to clutch the plush which meant so much to me. I was unsuccessful in finding him until this year, I found him on Ebay for around 30 dollars,my mom and dad who had seen over the corse of the last few years how I longed for him back purchased him for me.

I was very lucky to be reunited with the toy that meant so much to me, even if he is not my original Spike.
Blue - The openness and honesty among all partners.
Red - Love and passion.
Black - Solidarity with those who must hide their relationships due to social pressures.
DisneyHorder
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: A dragon story

Postby fairydustdreams » Tue May 28, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm so glad you were able to find him again! :D It's always wonderful when you uncover something you loved and missed so much!
fairydustdreams
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby DisneyHorder » Tue May 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Yeah, I was nearly crying from happiness.
Blue - The openness and honesty among all partners.
Red - Love and passion.
Black - Solidarity with those who must hide their relationships due to social pressures.
DisneyHorder
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby AnnetheCatDetective » Wed May 29, 2013 11:22 pm

That's so wonderful that you got him back, even if it isn't the original, you can transfer the same love onto him. (He looks so cuddly!)

Makes me wonder if I could ever find my long-lost plush friend again...
AnnetheCatDetective
i see dead dolliehs

Postby animemom » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:44 am

Spike's adorable. I am sorry about your depression and it is rough when you feel the weight of the world on your young shoulders. I hope you find comfort with Spike and life is better too.
animemom
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Who You Callin' Plushy?