Go to footer

Sodom Plushie (Uraboku)

Ok, so stuffed animals aren't exactly dolls - most of us have them and some of us make them so why not?

Sodom Plushie (Uraboku)

Postby littlesamuraigirl » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Just wanted to share my first handmade plushie with you all ^^ I'll probably have another thread for my other plushies later, but for now...

This guy is a Sodom plushie, made in the likeness of Sodom from the anime/manga The Betrayal Knows My Name (Uraboku) by Odagiri Hotaru. I cosplay Luka Crosszeria (also from the series - Sodom's master and the second main character), and I wanted to have a Sodom plushie to go along with the cosplay. This is the first time I ever attempted a plushie, so I'm pretty proud of him xD His pattern was made totally from scratch, he is made of black felt and completely hand-sewn. His wings have wire-reinforcement in them. I made the eyes from Sculpy, painted them in acrylics, and then added a gloss varnish and sealed them. They were then glued on ^^ He's about 12 in tall from his feet to the tip of his ears.

I took this guy to AnimeFest 2013 in Dallas and I'll be taking him to Izumicon in Oklahoma City this year as well ^^

Here's a link to his official reference sheet: *click*
littlesamuraigirl
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Re: Sodom Plushie (Uraboku)

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:09 am

He's cute!

The author's name sounds familiar but I'm not sure what thing they wrote that I've actually read, because I am not familiar with Uraboku...
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Great job! He's a cute little guy.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby littlesamuraigirl » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:43 am

Lamia of the Dark wrote:He's cute!

The author's name sounds familiar but I'm not sure what thing they wrote that I've actually read, because I am not familiar with Uraboku...

^ Thank you so much! Hmm...I've checked out some other mangas she wrote, but it seems none are as popular as Uraboku :-/ Such a shame too...her mangas are beautiful.

Gift_in_Edge wrote:Great job! He's a cute little guy.

^ Thanks so much! :D
littlesamuraigirl
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:41 pm

littlesamuraigirl wrote:
Lamia of the Dark wrote:He's cute!

^ Thank you so much! Hmm...I've checked out some other mangas she wrote, but it seems none are as popular as Uraboku :-/ Such a shame too...her mangas are beautiful.

Turns out the work of hers that I'm familiar with is a shonen ai one-volume manga called Only The Ring Finger Knows. (She also illustrated the novel series that the manga was based on, of which I own three volumes but have only made it halfway through the second book...) :lol:
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby fairydustdreams » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:21 am

I'm not familiar with him but I still think he looks great! Wonderful job! :)
fairydustdreams
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Return to Board index

Return to Who You Callin' Plushy?