Go to footer

Anyone else collect?

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Anyone else collect?

Postby -T2P- » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Seeing the other toys section on this forum I came to wonder does any one else collect and photograph any thing non dolly? I collect Schleich model horses with the occasional stablemate Breyer thrown in. And much like my dolls I like to take the occasional picture of them now and then.

This is the one that started it all :). My aunt used to have a percheron mix named Old Captain and I was reminded of him when I saw this guy.

I've also recently gotten into transformers again though i haven't figured out how to get good shots of them yet :roll:

So anyone else collecting any non dollies they'd like to share :?:
-T2P-
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Anyone else collect?

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:15 pm

I used to collect all sorts of horse models and figurines - and I still have some of them left! I have some really old breyers and then some figurines from places I've visited - like a little pony from Edinburgh, Scottland :) Recently I scored some breyers at a thrift store for next to nothing and since some are damaged I'm going to try my hand at custom painting them!

Those Schleich figures are really cool - I wish they'd had them when I was a kid, I'd probably have the entire medieval collection!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby -T2P- » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:I used to collect all sorts of horse models and figurines - and I still have some of them left! I have some really old breyers and then some figurines from places I've visited - like a little pony from Edinburgh, Scottland :) Recently I scored some breyers at a thrift store for next to nothing and since some are damaged I'm going to try my hand at custom painting them!

Those Schleich figures are really cool - I wish they'd had them when I was a kid, I'd probably have the entire medieval collection!

I know! I would have loved to have had their fantasy stuff when i was a child! I'd love to see your breyers when they are fixed up.
-T2P-
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Got some Breyers who got a bit of their paint loved off and a bunch of dogs and some cats who were my babies before the Trekkers and dolls.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:05 pm

I have three Breyers from back in the 70s (my mom gave the rest of my collection to my step-sister when I moved out to CA . . . . . . .) I also came across a couple less than perfect Breyers at Goodwill, but I haven't actively collected horse stuff since I was a teen.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:14 am

Your horsie is really cute X3

I used to collect keychains... does that count?
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby claws » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:52 pm

I used to collect these little vinyl horse figurines from the grocery store when I was a kid. Every week, I'd save my allowance and go with my parents to get one. I got so many at one point that my dad promised to build me a little stable for them to live in, complete with plastic grass (never happened XP ) I can't remember who made them now, though. My favorites were the Clydesdale, pinto (which was so cute), Arabian, and this black one with a shaggy mane that I can't remember the name of. Oh man, I'd pretty much forgotten all about these! I think I still have them somewhere, too.... *runs off to look* ^__^
claws
Dolly Pardon

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:24 am

I take pictures of questionably adorable figures. I've added a yoshi and a troll doll to my collection after this pic:

Sometimes they hang out with my Anakin and make him question his sanity...

Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:34 am

I love Sack Boy.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:26 am

claws wrote:I used to collect these little vinyl horse figurines from the grocery store when I was a kid.

Winner's Choice? My sister has a herd of them.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys