Go to footer

Breyer horses

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Breyer horses

Postby Arkinlae » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:53 am

Currently my sister has the Stablemates 1:32, but she's started getting into dolls as well (she only has a Makie at the moment, but she likes some of my collection and how pose-able Obitsu's are) so I'm wondering about getting her a Breyer to go with future ones. I know Breyer don't do 1:6 unfortunately, but I know they have 1:9 and 1:12

Wondering if there's any Breyer collectors who also have other dolls and which is the better scale to get for a doll collector in terms of availability of the size (if that makes sense I wouldn't want to get one and then find there are no dolls in scale with them.) I know Breyer have their own, but it would be nice for them to be interchangeable with others too.
Doll Family: Dollfie Dream Mai Shiranui, Iplehouse Freezia, Luts Nanuri 07, Dollshe Van, Dollzone Ying.
Pullip Shinku 07, Dal Tinkerbell
Makie: Ragtag
Monster High Frankie, Draculaura, Lagoona, Venus, Spectra, Clawdia Wolf, Cleo, Gooliope, Mousecedes*
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter, *Doreen Mouse (Mousecedes custom) C.A. Cupid Thronecoming
Be Goth Doll Esperanza, Princess Ai
Dollikin Action Girl, 80s Sindy
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Breyer horses

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:38 am

I think the 1:9 scale would work best with the Makies, and the smaller (21-25cm) Obitsus. The 1:12 scale only really works with really small dolls - I got a couple for my Lillycat Collines who are 17cm high, so I suppose depending on what ones you got they might work as ponies for 21cm. I can try and get some pics later...
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Arkinlae » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:09 am

That's good to know with the smaller Obitsu's I was considering getting an 11cm Obitsu for her if the 1:12 scale was best (I fancy trying to do a Puki hybrid with the body myself anyway), but if the 1:9 already works with Makies then that might be the best pics would be brilliant though.
Doll Family: Dollfie Dream Mai Shiranui, Iplehouse Freezia, Luts Nanuri 07, Dollshe Van, Dollzone Ying.
Monster High Frankie, Draculaura, Lagoona, Venus, Spectra, Clawdia Wolf, Cleo, Gooliope, Mousecedes*
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter, *Doreen Mouse (Mousecedes custom) C.A. Cupid Thronecoming
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:57 pm

I should have a 1:9 scale one arriving in about a week, so can take pics of that with Makies and various size Obitsus. I'll take some pics of the 1:12 scale one with an 11cm Obitsu, and random other smaller dolls soon. Sorry for not doing any before - I'm finding setting up for photos a bit awkward at the moment due to having a leg in an air cast/walker thing (injured my leg last week :roll: )
ShortNCuddlyAm

Postby Arkinlae » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:12 am

Oh don't worry I'm in no rush it'll just be lovely to see them and to get one that can be versatile. Her 1:32 seem nice to collect but she can't/doesn't do much with them so it'll be nice to marry the two at least until they decide to do a 1:6 that isn't a foal. Just trying to find a UK site that will have them I don't want to have to deal with customs. Would an Ai doll work as well do you know I know they're sort of in between Pukipuki and Pukifee so don't know how well they'd work (I have a Nano Hujoo which I imagine could be the same size)
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Postby OutBriefCandle » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:34 pm

I've got a 1:9 Clydesdale mare I'm fixing up to go with my 21cm obitsu, the size is pretty good I think. I don't think I'd want to go much bigger on the doll or any smaller on the horse than this though.
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Ariel - BBB Sprite (Blue)
Peaseblossom - BBB Ariel (Lilac)
Bast - Fairyland MNF Woosoo Vamp (WS)
Bernadette - Hujoo Berry (Apricot)
Mustardseed - Realpuki Tyni (NS)
Dove - BBB Pixie (Chocolate)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
Perneth - RS Pixiu (Sky Blue)
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:58 am

I saw actual Breyer girl and boy dolls yesterday, they don't look that bad, but I immediately thought of my 21cm Obitsu. Robot Chicken uses Breyer girls for their animation so they do have decent joints. There are all sorts of accessories and stuff for their regular sized horses so it would be a worth while hobby to get in to.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:58 am

Various size dolls on a Breyer 1:12 scale

Sparrow (a Realpuki) on Dapples (a 1:12 scale Breyer - full name Dancing Dapples)
And on a Schleich
And on their preferred mount, a llama (also likes alpacas)
Pavlova (Pukipuki) on Dapples
Fenella (a Lillycat Colline - about 17 cm) on Dapples
Freya (Obitsu 11cm) on Dapples
Indianna (Makie) looking like a giant
And Marina (21cm Obitsu) looking a bit daft
Last edited by ShortNCuddlyAm on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
ShortNCuddlyAm

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:58 am

And more dolls, this time on two 1:9 scale Breyers. With some of the dolls, the type of horse makes a difference. A Makie wouldn't look good on something elegant or very thin and gangly

Fenella on Storm (1:9 scale Breyer, full name Stormy Wind)
Indianna on Storm
And on Feathers
Due to the oversized head, Makies are never going to look perfect on a fairly realist horse, but I don't think they look bad on the 1:9 scale, especially on chunkier horses

Ivy (an imaginatively named Dollzone Ivy, about 19.5cm) clinging on for dear life (I could not get her to even think about straightening her legs a bit.)
Brighid (21cm Obitsu), looking a bit bored with it all and sitting too far back
Weyland, hiding his face, on Storm
And on Feathers
And an as yet unnamed 27 slim male Obitsu on Feathers….
Last edited by ShortNCuddlyAm on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShortNCuddlyAm

Postby Arkinlae » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:31 am

Thank you so much the pics are brilliant. Something for me to think about definitely. I've seen the riders with the 1:9 too and they look pretty good. I guess the 1:9 look like a small pony compared to a Makie :P but they look fine next to the 21 Obitsu. I completely forgot about the Dollzones! (I think I'd been blocking them out due to current lack of funds, but I really loved Wendy!) I guess Azones could work too scale wise they're meant to be quite small right?
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys