Go to footer

A dollhouse for Eloise

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

A dollhouse for Eloise

Postby DollyKim » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:05 pm

She's 21cm, the dollhouse is 1/144 scale.

DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: A dollhouse for Eloise

Postby DollyKim » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:07 am

Itty bitty houses don't go any faster than big houses. After the surface is dry the pieces have to be placed between wax paper and have weights set on top of them for a few hours to prevent warping. Papering the rooms might have sped up the process a bit but I don't have any with small enough prints. The roof will be a creamy coffee color to go with the windows which I won't be painting. Eloise is thinking shops on the bottom, living space on the top.

Interior colors aren't final, I might add wallpaper patterns and couple of rugs. It's about enjoying the journey.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:44 am

The windows are going in, then the house can actually be put together. Didn't paint the windows or doors, and only doing the trim sticks that are on the sheets. Planned to leave the windows and doors raw and work the colors around that.

DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:24 pm

My wee little structural engineer agrees that floor is definitely U shaped and nothing we have been able to do is fixing it. Having prepped and painted all the pieces as we should and dried them under weights to make sure they were flat before assembling it has been decided an elephant must have stepped on it.

Well :/ this will be left to dry, I can make a replacement floor later. All the pieces were flat and doing find until they were stood up and put together. If it warps to the point of not being assembled I'll decide between smashing it and smashing it and putting the plans away for later use.

Having not paid full price for this kit what ever the outcome it was an experience. Hopefully the next update will include more walls.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:57 pm

We'll just leave it at that. But if you have the patience and some experience painting and gluing wood you could probably make one of these. It really is a good scale to make a toy for the fashion doll sized gang. Did keep the plans and will look in to trying one again later.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby MandyPandy » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:34 pm

OMG I don't know if I would have the patience for that. I'm having a hard enough time with my 1/12 scale one. @_@
MandyPandy
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:05 pm

It's the same patience if the quality of the kit is there.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys