Go to footer

Lego Disney Castle [Img Heavy]

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Lego Disney Castle [Img Heavy]

Postby Qrinta » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:02 pm

So Lego came out with a Disney Castle and I couldn't resist so here it is! Took me a bit over a full day putting it together. I need to build up some calluses on my fingers, hands were very sore for a few days. XD I took progress pics as I completed each section though I started skipping towards the end as I just wanted it done. 758 steps total. I've never put together an "expert" level set before. It was a ton of fun especially with all the fun Disney props.

Album Link: https://goo.gl/photos/QAgzWUShRTPgGkcc7

I am super excited for Legos. Also, that is a very big box. XD

Spreading out

Instruction book. It's over 400 pages!

Getting more organized. Though I confused myself a bit with the 6s and 9s and stuck them all together. XD Caused some minor issues when I got to that section until I realized what I did.

And around this point or just past I realized I was missing a piece and had to go back about ten steps to get it in. XD

Stuck it on the piano as there really wasn't anywhere else to put it. XD It's also very heavy. I have a lot of legos but I don't think I've put together a structure of this size before. At least not one that I attempted to lift and relocate.
Last edited by Qrinta on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Lego Disney Castle [Img Heavy]

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:36 am

Wow! That's awesome. You have the patience of a saint.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:17 pm

None of the images are showing for me :(
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Eseme » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:28 am

OMG, we are GOING to DISNEY in October, and when that catalog arrived, I wanted this so bad! But we need money for the trip, LoL. I love all your pics, and that looks like a wonderful build. Thank you so much for sharing, I was wondering how big it was.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:15 pm

@Dark Angel Haha. Yes, everyone in my family was saying much the same. They all told me they wouldn't have the patience for it. XD

@Greyhaunt Do you think it is because they are google photos Greyhaunt? Maybe I should upload them to photobucket or something. Here is a direct link to the photo album, see if that works for you. https://goo.gl/photos/QAgzWUShRTPgGkcc7

@Esme Awesome! I haven't been to Disney since I went to Tokyo Disney in 2010. I hope you have a magic filled wonderful time! That is evil though to come out with an awesome set when you are saving monies.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:19 pm

The pics don't show for me either, but I can see them on the link ok - that is an awesome Lego Disney castle :)

We had a similar problem on a different forum (running on different software, so it's not a phpbb thing) - can't remember what the fix was but it was down to the pics being linked from Google photos.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm

Postby Qrinta » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:54 pm

Thanks! I'll look into that then. I know Google is stopping support for Picasa and the related web albums which is what I use for sorting through photos. =/
Qrinta's Cantankery

Qrinta

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:40 pm

I want this! So gorgeous!! :D
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Azael » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:55 am

Utterly awesome! Seriously, congrats on getting it all finished.

Every time we go into the Lego Store I catch myself looking at it, but apparently not enough because I don't remember Tinkerbell (then again it's been a long while since we've been). *sighs* One more thing to my never ending list of wants. XD
Azael
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Tam I am » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Silly question. Do you play with it now, or just occasionally wipe the dust off?
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys