Go to footer

My Early OTAKU Room (2003ish)

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

My Early OTAKU Room (2003ish)

Postby Tasuke » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:56 am

here's the oldest set of photos i have of my earliest OTAKU/Weeb days, several years before i even had my own actual Internet, in fact,
practically Stone-Age compared to how i have things today.

without the now-indispensable freedom of worldwide online shopping,
i was once forced to satisfy my OTAKU needs with what was locally available to me (which was not much)
and the very occasional opportunity to hit a Comics/Collectables shop in desperate hope to find something better,
about four/six times a year if i was lucky, usually resulting in nothing better than an average GUNDAM kit anyway.

at any rate, Enjoy and Discuss, if you care to, relics from the age when being a western OTAKU was usually H.A.R.D. for the majority...

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Re: My Early OTAKU Room (2003ish)

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Hahaha yeah. It was hard back then. I had to rely on garage sales (which were usually fruitless) and the occasional trip to Wizzy Wigs. But it was located in a terribly busy part of downtown with NO parking. So I never went.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Tasuke » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:00 pm

yeah, WIZZYWIGS, that was one of those all-Anime/Manga supershops regularly advertised in ANIMERICA magazine back in those early DVD Anime boom days that many of us only dreamed of ever being able to actually visit...
Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:45 am

I still remember the very first Anime Iowa, walking into the dealer room was amazing! A whole room of awesome stuff!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Tasuke » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:44 am

modern photos for contrast, got things divided up into my main room and computer room these days;

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:01 pm

That's quite the setup you've got now! :D
The dollieh wearing the the blue-ish kimono thing, I love the dress. So pretty.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Tam I am » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:37 pm

All set out where you can see them. How nice. I live in a studio, and though it's a big one, my dollkids have become so numerous that they're threatening to evict me.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys