Go to footer

Zuru 5 Surprise Mini Brands *and other small stuff

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: Zuru 5 Surprise Mini Brands

Postby DollyKim » Wed May 01, 2019 3:06 pm

Guess what I got today! And more extras I'll be processing later.

I still want cupcakes but having Twinkies and Spam makes me feel lots better.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Thu May 02, 2019 5:46 am

Congrats on getting them. I am still looking for them at Walmart.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Thu May 02, 2019 6:06 am

Thanks. Mine was out for the longest time too so obviously they're reordering to meet the demand.

The surprise and capsule toys were all lumped together and these were at floor level. The box is while based if that helps. If yours locks up some of them check there.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Thu May 02, 2019 4:55 pm

I am hoping they will restock these. I only found some at just 1 Walmart by me.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Thu May 02, 2019 9:02 pm

My store finally restocked. I bought 5 of them (left 5 more for the next person this time). I found some new stuff, like the Twinkies and two of the shaving cream/gels. I have 23 different items now according to my checklist (with a LOT of doubles), plus 3 baskets, 2 carts, and a shelf, so technically 26 different items. I've opened a total of 15 balls so far, from two different batches, and it looks like each batch has a different likelihood of different multiples. The first batch had a LOT of the Ponds wrinkle cream (4 out of 10 balls) and 3 Axe deodorants, 3 of the Cherry Blossom Suave, and 4 of the Vaseline Intensive Care with aloe, but this time the main thing I got multiples of was the bags of Dum Dum suckers, which I found in 3 of 5 balls. (I got a few doubles of items I'd gotten one of in. The previous batch.) I think I'm going to wait a couple weeks until the next shipment comes in and grab 4-6 more balls to see if my theory about certain ones being more common in certain batches is true or if this was just a fluke. (Also, I still need the Tresemme conditioner to go with the shampoo, so I need to keep searching out of sheer principal. I could just buy it as a single on eBay, but this way is so much more fun!)

Also, random til if you're looking for certain ones: If you're looking for more of the cardboard or soft plastic ones (like bags of candy or boxes of soap/tea) shake the balls. The more they rattle, the more of the hard plastic toys are inside. I got a that was all hard plastic toys (bottles, mainly), and it sounded like a bottle of vitamins it rattle so much. (Obviously, if you're looking for mainly the toiletries, like I am, you want to look for the really rattlely ones.) This is just my casual observation I thought I'd pass on in case anyone hasn't thought of/realized this yet.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Sun May 12, 2019 6:06 pm

Okay, now we need a craft or some other practical use for all those empty balls.

Did the shaking test and a less rattly one had a shelf in it.

Listen for a rolling noise for Mentos.

I have a decent amount of stuff for trade, still looking for cupcakes and some of the commons.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Fri May 31, 2019 5:52 am

In related news if you can get some of the Shopkins life brands, there's 2 sets, their containers and bags open. Some of it feels like the "club sizes" like the Zuru but then again Shopkins has Circus Animals cookies.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:10 pm

I wish that they would restock these.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:27 am

I've only found them in the Sprawl Mart wild when I'm up early at the bill pay. Sometimes you have to think when would fixed income people get their checks- usually on the first of if that's a weekend or holiday the weekday before and beat them to it. Gotta figure some people buy and flip stuff online.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:41 am

I see that they added more new stuff to their common list.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys