Go to footer

Zuru 5 Surprise Mini Brands *and other small stuff

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Zuru 5 Surprise Mini Brands *and other small stuff

Postby DollyKim » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Zuru 5 Surprise Mini Brands- assorted minis of real foods and personal care items. No exact scale but loosely 1/6-1/4.

Except for metallic and gold variants all the items are "common" according to their collector's guide so don't get taken by sellers wanting stupid prices on line, however loose lots can be reasonably priced.
Last edited by DollyKim on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Zuru 5 Surprise Mini Brands

Postby maywong » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Where did you get these?
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby davidd » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:18 pm

My local Walmart carries Zuru Mini Toys but not the Mini Brands. Apparently the retail price should be around five dollars per ball (each ball contains 5 mini prize items), but online prices for the Mini Brands seem to be twice to three times that much.
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:01 pm

The two in the pic I got at Wal Mart but I also ordered a few loose batches online to get some of the items I particularly wanted. It's worked out to get me most of the common ones with a few duplicates, no big, for no more than $2 each including shipping which I feel is a fair enough price.

Been there and done the plastic crack thing with the Rement. The way my brain can drive me nuts I feel better knowing the dolls will have strawberry Suave. Now it's just getting a box of Twinkies and a bottle of Kikoman Teriyaki sauce like the big people. They also got the name brand Shopkins for Easter because those have Circus Animals.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:37 pm

davidd wrote:My local Walmart carries Zuru Mini Toys but not the Mini Brands. Apparently the retail price should be around five dollars per ball (each ball contains 5 mini prize items), but online prices for the Mini Brands seem to be twice to three times that much.

Give it a couple weeks. It took mine about a week to actually get them on the shelf after they got a spot for them. They should end up being right beside the pink and blue balls once they get them in. Some stores are more behind than others on getting their shelves set, it seems. You can try checking online to see if your local store has them in yet. That's what I did. They seem to be super popular, so they sell out quickly. (That, or you get people like me who buy what's left of the case at a time . . .) Definitely DON'T pay the scalpers' prices. Just wait a couple weeks for the initial craze to die down, they'll start appearing in stores more frequently.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:07 am

And doubles are cool for trading because I still need some.

Or make jewelry out of them. I'm already pondering how to turn them in to charms, maybe using tiny eye hooks and glue?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:11 am

DollyKim wrote:And doubles are cool for trading because I still need some.

Or make jewelry out of them. I'm already pondering how to turn them in to charms, maybe using tiny eye hooks and glue?

I'm planning to make a supermarket scene at some point (plus, all my dolls are roommates, and no one likes to share their stuff), so I just keep my doubles, but I can somehow picture people trading doubles of their minis like we used to trade Pokemon cards back in the day. Seriously, I feel like these Mini Brands are going to be super popular once more doll collectors hear about them.

Zuru, your first round of 5 Surprise balls might have been disappointing, but the Mini Brands were a great idea.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:25 pm

This is definitely a scale called 'fits in the package' like Re Ment does. Then again there's something cute about small dolls and slightly too big stuff.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:36 am

I finally found these at my Walmart.
Last edited by maywong on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:16 pm

Mkay, I have a good 2/3-3/4 of these, missing like Spam, Twinkies and Mentos, so if you want to see a certain scale of doll with something let me know.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys