Go to footer

Feedback wanted on Lego Castle, please?

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: Feedback wanted on Lego Castle, please?

Postby kiki-chan78 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:28 am

It dawned on me that I didn't show the throne room with tapestries.

I'll print and seal some cute artwork for them, so they won't just be blank. <3

kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby kiki-chan78 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Went through and did more changes to Ze Lego Castle. Ended up getting some super cute custom stained glass windows (no photos of that yet)... further refined some things, and moved others around. Like Misty recommended, there's lots of tapestries, and flags on every tower.

There's one tower I'm not too happy with. But, whatevs.

On the recommendation of my sweet husband, added in a blacksmith forge and jail-cell. Not sure whether the ground for the forge should be grey or tan.

Here's tons of images:

This is where totally non-smexy sleep-overs happen, I guess.

Crossbows, to shoot your friends?

The jail-cell was my husband's idea. Since the kids aren't allowed antagonists, not sure what's gonna happen there.

Treasure chest #1. At the Lego Fan Expo, L was super excited over a little dark blue lego jewel he found (but wasn't allowed to keep). This thing is gonna get packed with lego jewels. ^.~

Going to put some waterslide decals on the parrots so they look more falcon-ish.

Religious chapel. On the sides of this is where the stained glass windows go.

Dog. Woof. Woof. He's only there because of Misty's recc.

I'm gonna slap a friggin Unicorn on the tapestries in this room. In the assembly instructions it's going to be stated that the Unicorn is the national animal of Scotland. >.>;;;

Treasure chest #2. I'm thinking jewels and fancy shiny lego coins for this one.

Archery! Woot! We gots weapons and stabby things here.

Nah this isn't a witchy-room... it's where medicines are made. Yeah. Thanks Misty!!!

The Black-smith forge. Started with the grey base, though I think I like it better with the tan. Matches better with the archery section.

Ze Castle open in all its awesomeness... that sucker is 30in wide. The highest point is 15in, and this beast weighs a little over 4lbs.

kiki-chan78

Postby victoriavictrix » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:55 am

You probably need an armory. So put the Herbarium on the first floor with the fireplace. Lovely Herbarium, by the way!
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby richila » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:04 pm

So many fun details!!! This is going to be a joy to play with!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby kiki-chan78 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:37 pm

I has started purchasing FAR TOO MANY Legos. The part count on this monstrosity is around 1620.

Moved the Herbarium (plus the fireplace) up to the second floor. It's a little easier to see there and doesn't feel quite so squished. ^.~

Put a smallish Armory where the Herbarium was.

The Black Smith Forge was also re-done. I'm an impatient git, and ended up purchasing a cheap-ish Black Smith set from Ebay, and then re-designed/added pieces it to work with this monstrosity. *sigh*At least there's a Black Smith and his family now? Unfortunately now there's a rando bat and rat in the set, and I have no clue where to stick those. Maybe shove the rat into the prison cell?

Part of me wants to shove more of the little 'knight' guys into the castle.

Anyway, here's the renderings of the new stuff. Woot!

Sorry about the weird clipping thing on the last image. Meh, things happen.

But, GAH!!!!! Thanks for all the help with this!!!! I know that it wouldn't be near this awesome without all the input and feedback from here. <3
kiki-chan78

Postby DollyKim » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:00 am

That is incredible! I want one too!
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kiki-chan78 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:01 pm

Thanks for the awesome compliment. I'll post a parts list and instructions once I've sorted that aspect of the project out. Unfortunately it won't have the cute custom stained glass windows that I bought. Though, I'll probably treat the Black Smith Forge as it's own 'kit' since it's sitting outside the castle. Not shown is a cart and the peasants.

FYI, this is the ebay auction that I got for the Black Smith.

Gonna be honest, I want to build this thing myself once all the pieces are here. Already ordered about 500 of the 1600 pieces required. Woot!!!
kiki-chan78

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:35 pm

Awesome job, Kiki-chan. But I'm taking bets on how long it is before the kids start playing fantasy games with it.

Nothing makes a kid decide to do something like forbidding him to do it.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kiki-chan78 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:22 pm

Thanks!

Yeah, those kids are definitely gonna go the Fantasy route on this thing. We KNOW that L, the oldest one, is already sneaking behind his parent's backs and watching movies at his little friends houses. Gasp! Yep, Lego Jurassic Park is a forbidden movie. Interesting thing is, the kid actively lies about it. Which is kind of hilarious.

The other interesting thing is, I don't think the parents are really listening to their kids as closely as they should. Last time we were there, the mom kept going on and on about how her kids know good from bad and blah blah blah because L was able to determine which Legos (that they'd found on a street corner) were bad, and then they were able to get rid of those.

That kid doesn't care about what Legos are good or bad... he gets rid of Legos that he knows his parents don't like. Period. He'll even state it that way; Mom and Dad don't like Dragons.

Gah, that entire situation just frustrates me. They're good kids.
kiki-chan78

Postby K2! » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:51 pm

Ya gotta keep an eye on those Lego people. Their Debbie Does Dallas set is kind of racy.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys