Go to footer

"Star Sensitive Splash Edge!"(1/6 Star Healer/Super Neptune)

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

"Star Sensitive Splash Edge!"(1/6 Star Healer/Super Neptune)

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat May 20, 2023 7:17 pm

First off, let me say I LOVE THESE 1/6 Ori resin model statue kits from e2046!!! They're hands down THE best sculpts & poses of ANY Sailor Moon figure, statue, merchandise-any Sailor Moon item you will have in your collection!! I know they're the centerpiece of ours!
My sister & I feel the Starlights & Outers are perfect for each other, so this first pairing of the 3 couples to be finished using these incredible models came out beyond our expectations!
Sailor Star Healer & Super Sailor Neptune are performing a combo attack, springing from her ocean waves! They're moving in perfect conjunction with each other, their waves & hair swirl perfectly around each other-looking as if they are in dynamic motion!
I used the FG10710 1/6 Ori Star Healer model kit but resized him down considerably so he'd be shorter to match Neptune (they're about the same height in the anime/manga & also to ratio with his fellow Starlights. At the size he arrived, he was the same length as Star Maker & with thicker arms and hands!). I had to cut him in half at the torso, follow the 'v' shaped belt line & refit together smoothly. Same with his ankles, wrists, thighs & upper arms. I also carved all his limbs to be slimmer. He came out perfect! Finally, I recast his foot base peg in clear resin dyed in aqua, so it looks like he's emerging from her ocean wave with her!
For Super Neptune, I used the FG4969 1/6 Neptune kit because she was more in scale with the 1/6 Ori models than the actual Ori Super Neptune kit! 0_o
I changed her bows (back & front) to 'Super' versions, made a custom silicone mold & cast in clear resin her super sleeve caps, added a gold star to her choker necklace. I opened her closed eyes by carving off the 'bumps & lashes sculpting' entirely then used the Ori 1/6 Super Neptune's decal eyes for her so she'd match Healer perfectly. She's simply amazing with her clear waters swishing between her legs & Healer's hair!
They're one awesome and formidable team up together!
'Star Sensitive Splash Edge!'

And here is a video of it so you can see it 'almost in person' because the pictures just don't do it justice:
http://www.setsunakou.com/resinmodels/n ... Statue.MP4

Aren't they incredible?! And even more amazing in person!!!!!! :drooling:

I can't WAIT to make my favorites Star Maker x Pluto matching model set
but....it'll be in the winter at least!!! :wahhhh!: Because the Pluto
kit won't be released until then or early next year. :(

But my sister's Star Fighter x Uranus set will be finished in July/August
when the Fighter kit arrives, so they will be next up then!!! :)

Thanks for looking!!!!
God bless!!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: "Star Sensitive Splash Edge!"(1/6 Star Healer/Super Nept

Postby DollyKim » Sun May 21, 2023 4:36 am

Wow!
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Sun May 21, 2023 7:28 am

You did an awesome job!
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm

So cute! My late niece was a huge Sailor Moon fan and she would have been drooling over these.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:49 pm

I love how many doll lovers are also Sailor Moon lovers.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys