Go to footer

Modeling woes.

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Modeling woes.

Postby GooglyDooglyV.2 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:22 pm

Sadly, I'm blaming my gorilla-like strength for this disaster. It started off so well. I decided to build a model of the BEST FIGHTER KNOWN TO MANKIND. The F-22 Raptor.

There's two models available in the market right now. The Academy model, and the Hasegawa. What's the difference? In dollie terms, Academy is supposed to be the ZOMG INFERIOR Korean version, and Hasegawa is God. Plain and simple. >>

So I decided on the Academy kit! The packaging was beautiful. Plus it's $50 cheaper. ._.

Started working on the cockpit. I wish I have teensy girly fingers. :( I'm not used to small scale anymore.
GooglyDooglyV.2
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Modeling woes.

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:08 am

ok, I give - what did you do wrong? Being an utter modeling ignorant person, it looks great to me!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby K2! » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:03 am

Greyhaunt wrote:ok, I give - what did you do wrong? Being an utter modeling ignorant person, it looks great to me!

All the control surfaces are missing, not to mention the radome and avionics package, armaments, airframe, and those cuddly Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 Pitch Thrust vectoring turbofans.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:25 am

K2! wrote:
Greyhaunt wrote:ok, I give - what did you do wrong? Being an utter modeling ignorant person, it looks great to me!

All the control surfaces are missing, not to mention the radome and avionics package, armaments, airframe, and those cuddly Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 Pitch Thrust vectoring turbofans.

:? .....ooooook....I'll take your word for it :D
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby GooglyDooglyV.2 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Grey: What K2 says. xD

Here it is 98% done. I just needed to make some follow-up touchups, but I just realized I have modeling ADHD, so now I don't want to finish it.
010 by GooglesdeDoogles, on Flickr
009 by GooglesdeDoogles, on Flickr

Compare the radome (the nose) to the real deal:

I SANDED MINE ALMOST ROUNDED. D: Instead of looking like an advanced, 5th Generation Stealth fighter, mine looks like something you can order off Adam and Eve.
GooglyDooglyV.2
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Geektopian » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:45 pm

OMGWTFBBQ11111 Inferior Academy models! Oh, how shall the world survive? See, if only you would've build the clearly superior Hasegawa kit from JAPAN *sound of angelic chorus* you model wouldn't have been... been... uhg! So... imperfect!

(Yes kids, all hobbies have these weird elitist cults and beliefs. It's a long, nonsensical and convoluted story but Academy has emerged as a kind "pet hate" in some scale modeling communities.)
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby K2! » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:13 am

GooglyDooglyV.2 wrote:Here it is 98% done. I just needed to make some follow-up touchups, but I just realized I have modeling ADHD, so now I don't want to finish it.

Meh, close enough.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby roxygotmoxie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:03 pm

Some artists get "artistic blindness" from looking at their work for too long.
The model looks great, and with the right photography and lighting, it will look gorgeous (and super realistic.) Don't let model-snobs get you down, finish that beauty and take some great pics.
If you haven't already built a lightbox, I can show you how. I've found that "fudged up" items look unbelievably fantastic when photographed in one.
roxygotmoxie
BANNED

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys