Go to footer

Pullip Abomination Clone

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Pullip Abomination Clone

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:30 am

Well, I always been a bit Pullip-curious and always figured the time I'd own a pullip-y doll would come... Meaning it was yesterday, as I walked through my very Asian orientated community and saw two boxes with something very odd in them. Pullip-y shaped objects actually. So I stopped and took a gander. They actually looked very well made in terms of hair and material so I hemmed and hawwed whether to get one... Being $5 sealed the deal.... The two dolls were the same except one had a lopsided eye and red hair whilst the other had normalish eyes with black hair... I grabbed the black haired one.

Can I just say this Pullip clone is nothing like the other fakies people have encountered? They're basically like the lowest common denominator of the Pullip world. They don't ave moving eyes, the bodies leak... something and just reak really badly.

ImageImage

The big irony of having a Blythe on the back. Also 3+... I figured anyone over 3 wouldn't be dumb enough to buy it.

I got knocked out opening the damn box. It's just so... SMELLY.

Yeah, this doll smelled like crap so I aired it outside for a few hours.
The body is a hollow Barbie body with no feet O_o It has safety prongs but since the head was easy to squeeze off, wtf.
The clothes are HOT GLUED together so I'm not even bothering with the clothes.
The stand it just a stick. with a waist grabber. WHERE'S THE BASE?

The facepaint is actually decent for a completely nasty, cheap ass, smelly thing of a doll. Though it's already chipping.

The lip paint is horrid and ugh. I shall wipe this mess when I can be bothered with it.
Yeah, my biggest shock. It's not even cheap plastic, it's a semi nice-ish vinyl kinda head with a neck that fits on regular barbie bodies...

I might stick her on a liv body...

She does not have a wig, but fully rooted hair to boot. It's a very much of an Oddity but yeah... The hair is actually niceish...

She matches Pale Volks the best...

Anywho, does she even match to the real thing? No way in heck. If you want a Pullip spend some moolah. If you're just morbidly curious then this doll is for you. $5 is pretty nice for a ugly waste of plastic. And if anyone is curious, no, I won't get you the damn thing since the store I got it from said "No, we ain't selling any more after Christmas cuz this is a Christmas doll" and I'm not even sure it's available online.

It's nice for $5 but it's no Pullip.
Last edited by Kd_Bunchanumbers on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Pullip Abomination Clone

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:37 am

she's kinda cute looking though
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:32 pm

Definitely odd that she is a pullip ripoff with a Blythe on the box LOL. I wonder if the people who do pirated blythes make this one as well. Nice head though - I mean, for $5 at least it wasn't a total waste.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:51 pm

I think she's cute too for five dollars!

Blythe on the back LOL fail.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Geektopian » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:36 pm

"the bodies leak... something"

Now THAT'S comforting! :lol: :?
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby delbelcoure » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:12 pm

She does look okay in the pictures and I bet you've spent more than $5 for a head you were going to repaint and rebody before ;)
Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:Well, I always been a bit Pullip-curious

This made me laugh! Like being bi-curious but with dolls!!!!
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:51 pm

While it looks like they used a Pullip mold to make the head it seems it was designed to be like a Liv/Moxie Teenz head but with rooted hair like a Barbie. Its like they took the features of a bunch of different dolls and combined them into one package.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Pandor » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:37 pm

Aww, you should have gotten the other one too, so I could have traded you my Harumika Mannequin grrl or something for it--
Err, I mean... yeah. :lol:

Cheap smelly oozy Abomination Clone is pretty nifty! (I loooooove your repaint too, but that's in another thread. :) )
I think if Groove or whomever decided to do an actual "for the kiddies" Pullip, they should go the soft vinyl rooted head route.
Kinda ala this and Angel Pullips, but with a tougher jointed body than their regular "look at it wrong and it breaks" ones.
*rambles moar and fantasizes about playline pullips*
Last edited by Pandor on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Sock and Awe » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:47 pm

body leaks something?...oh joy! and no feet? That's hilarious! I'd get one if she were available around here. That head is worth the five dollars imo. funnily enough the monster high doll I bought yesterday had a stand with the waist grabber and no base as well.
Sock and Awe

Postby mentalshoc » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:36 pm

I have a major soft spot for clone dolls, though i have to say...i've never encountered one like this before!
And you say the body was LEAKING? like...a...LIQUID? yuck! -Would love to see a few more photographs of her.
Interesting find!
mentalshoc

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys