Go to footer

Poniehs - Old Skool

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: Poniehs - Old Skool

Postby skookum hime » Sat May 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Firefly <3<3 what a tomboy :D
I got her as a set for my birthday when I was young. She came with a video and I wore that video out. I miss my ponies. XD
skookum hime
Dolly Pardon

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Sat May 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Stormlight, the white pony came with Megan, the human friend of the ponies :3 They're the ones that the pony-and-doll outfit sets were for. (have a few here, theyre cute!)
And Skoo, thats the Firefly I have too! Still have that video, its so cute. Thats where Spike the dragon first shows up!
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby skookum hime » Sat May 21, 2011 4:07 pm

SillyLilPuppet wrote:And Skoo, thats the Firefly I have too! Still have that video, its so cute. Thats where Spike the dragon first shows up!

I lost all mine a while back, just haven't gotten around to replacing my collection. She'll be the first I reacquire and Minty
skookum hime
Dolly Pardon

Postby Stormlight » Sun May 22, 2011 5:51 am

SillyLilPuppet wrote:Stormlight, the white pony came with Megan, the human friend of the ponies :3 They're the ones that the pony-and-doll outfit sets were for. (have a few here, theyre cute!)
And Skoo, thats the Firefly I have too! Still have that video, its so cute. Thats where Spike the dragon first shows up!

Ahhh, I KNEW I remembered a human girl with those ponies. I think I got the pony in a trade, but not the girl. I had a few friends when I was a kid whom I traded my toys with ALL the time. Whenever the shiny-newness wore off, we'd swap for NEW shiny-newness. lol I think I got a lot of my ponies that way, actually (Barbies, too). Trading was the only way to get new stuff without spending money (we didn't have) for it. Of course, sometimes our parents weren't too happy to discover that the Christmas/birthday presents we got three weeks ago suddenly belonged to someone else. Especially my friends' parents, who were a lot richer than mine, therefore letting me get a lot more expensive toys than I gave. Kids don't care nearly as much about price, I guess. :twisted:
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby EAB » Sun May 22, 2011 2:57 pm

I like the flocking too.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Sun May 22, 2011 6:58 pm

My family picked up a good half of my ponies (and other toys) at yardsales and flea markets rather than in the stores, thats how a 90s kid ended up with so much 80s stuff. One local flea market my grandmom went to a lot was put on by the Boy and Girl Scouts, mostly the scouts selling their old toys and such. Gram would come back with bags of stuff she only paid a dollar or less on, and then pull one out of the bag every Sunday as an after-church treat for us (saved her money and meant she had the best behaved children in church!) A couple of my ponies came that way, and all of my brother's huge bag of Mighty Max came from one unhappy Boy Scout whos mother made him clean his room.

Hm maybe I can take some not-crappy phone pics of Megan and her things tonight.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Sun May 22, 2011 7:39 pm

I have a Twilight mommy and baby and Blossom, I think she's purple, mommy and baby packed away somewhere. I promise to find them after the move.

And I might need to know how to get mold out of them and clean them up a bit but none of them are flocked. My sister has a herd somewhere. ~blocks out ear worms of the cartoons while imagining choking the voice artists~
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Sun May 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Mostly, dish soap, hot water, and elbow grease will clean most anything off them. If they've got mildew in them you might have to pop the heads off carefully and remove the tail and give them a boil bath or something, but they go right back together good as new after. The MLP Arena is my pony-crack supplier of choice and has a great thread of cleaning tutorials right here http://mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=159894.html (you dont have to join to view it)
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys