Go to footer

The Ponies are taking over!! (They will assimilate all.)

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: The Ponies are taking over!! (They will assimilate all.

Postby Lokiholic » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Since there seem to be smart Pony people here...

Any chance that the Magic Eraser could really harm an old pony? I seem to have some mysterious stains that aren't coming off. It doesn't look like mold, I don't see any tail rust, but there are some marks of darker pink on the light pink and I'm just afraid I'm going to scrub too hard and it will change colors or something. :/
Lokiholic
Dolly Pardon

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:42 am

If its just stains on the plastic it shouldn't hurt it at all, with the possible exception of taking a layer of discoloration off. Pony plastic is colored all the way through. Theres also sunfading (cover painted areas and hair and stick her in your sunniest window) or trying something like Twin Pines Remove Zit vinyl cleaner if a Magic Eraser doesn't remove it.
Though, one thing it *could* be is regrind if its hot pink on lighter pink. That's the plastic itself degrading over time and changing color. I had a Party Time pony that was originally bright orange, and she looked like she had hot pink chicken pox from the regrind.
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby britbrat18 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:42 pm

The last of my ponies that I found. I don't have as many as I thought, I must have gotten rid of some. But here they are!

First up, a very beaten, loved Moon Dancer(Year 2). I tried scrubbing her with magic eraser, and it took of a bit of her blush, but didn't touch the marks on her. :( But at this point and time all the markings on her and the others remind me how much I loved to play with them, so I'm not too worried about them. The symbol fading is wear and tear.

Next, Little Flutter(Year 6). Then this purple pony I'm not sure, but I think it's a "Ja-ru So Soft Fakie"(see link here:http://the-fakie-hideout.weebly.com/ja-ru-so-soft-fakies.html). And a McDonald's MLP, whose body some how managed to yellow horribly, but the head is fine. XD

This one is another Cabbage Patch Pony, a Crimp and Curl one this time, I can't find out her name atm, but if anyone knows please let me know! :)

And finally two little baby ponies: the blue one is Baby Bows (Year 7), and the other is newborn TumbleWeed (Year 5), who sadly is without her twin, that I don't remember ever having, poor little thing. :(
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Anneke » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:25 pm

This forum is so fantastic! I am a member of DoA because I only recently got into BJDs (well in the past year or two) and I never would have been exposed to these kinds of collections there! I have never even gave a second thought to my Pony collection which has been stuffed in some bag in storage since I was in grade school... Would it be at all appropriate to post the collection here for some info? I am so curious as to what all their little names are at this point ^^ I'm not a collector or anything, but all the ponies are from the original runs in the 80's. I'm so curious to see if there's any treasures in there, lol!
At Home: Abernathy (VW Odette); Deathbunnie (Soom Cuprit); Lunarflare (Soom Cuprit MD); Onyxia (Soom Heliot girl); Salandria (RS Mei); Tinker Bell (Luts Ani); Zorro (CD Wong)
Waiting: Zoe Bell (WoT Violet)
Anneke
i see dead dolliehs

Postby britbrat18 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Anneke wrote:This forum is so fantastic! I am a member of DoA because I only recently got into BJDs (well in the past year or two) and I never would have been exposed to these kinds of collections there! I have never even gave a second thought to my Pony collection which has been stuffed in some bag in storage since I was in grade school... Would it be at all appropriate to post the collection here for some info? I am so curious as to what all their little names are at this point ^^ I'm not a collector or anything, but all the ponies are from the original runs in the 80's. I'm so curious to see if there's any treasures in there, lol!

First of all, welcome to the Forum! :D Yeah, DoA has pretty strict rules for on-topicness, we however, would love to see any and all toys you may have. :) Glad we reminded you have your pony collection! And please do post pictures! You can post in this thread if you want (or you can create your own), which ever one you prefer. We would all love to see more ponies, especially the original run ones! And we should be able to help with identification too. :D
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:54 am

I have no clue where to post this but.....Target has My Little Pony stuff in their dollar section. They even have cute little totes that you can carry 1/6 and tinies in.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Lokiholic » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:27 am

Gift_in_Edge wrote:I have no clue where to post this but.....Target has My Little Pony stuff in their dollar section. They even have cute little totes that you can carry 1/6 and tinies in.

The dollar section that's in the front of the store?

I know where I am going before work tonight...
Lokiholic
Dolly Pardon

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:22 am

I bought one of the totes! It was a really cute little purple bag, and it's really the perfect size to carry Sparrow and my camera in. :D
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Lokiholic » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:05 pm

They didn't have any at my Target. :/ But they DID have some MLPs on clearance. I picked up Rarity and her carriage. :D
Lokiholic
Dolly Pardon

Postby Stormlight » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Big pony is big! XD The Jinxed Cricket loves her Pony friend.

Picked this pony up on clearance at K-mart a few years ago. She's the perfect size for a 27cm tiny to hitch a ride on. I have no clue what her name is. The gem on her forehead and the flowers on her cheek and around her ankle are stickers. She came with a sheet of them and a bunch of hair clips and stuff. There were two other ponies that size. I think one was yellow and the other was pink? One of them was a unicorn. When I went back later, though, they were both sold out, and I haven't seen any of them since. Although I'll have to browse through Big Lots because I saw a ton of Pony stuff in their toy aisle, so maybe they'll have a few.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys