Go to footer

The Ponies are taking over!! (They will assimilate all.)

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

The Ponies are taking over!! (They will assimilate all.)

Postby britbrat18 » Sun May 22, 2011 9:03 pm

So, since we are all sharing our My Little Ponies, I thought hey, why not? Gives me a good excuse to bring them out again. :D So here are some of mine, these ones were in my closet, with all my old Disney Action Figures (mostly Aladdin ones.). I have more, but since they are in storage above the garage(I'm pretty sure I've got a moondancer up there), and I have a debilitating fear of heights, that is going have to wait until we spring clean, and the totes are brought down to nice, safe, terra firma. :)

I looked up their names on a MLP site, it's been so long, I forgot what I named all of them, which I'm sure they were named pretty unoriginally. And I've also forgotten where I got most of them. I'm guessing my older cousins gave me a few(and they still have some of theirs! Still at my Aunt's house, awaiting new playmates.) and others from possible garage sales. Since I am not old enough to have gotten any of these ones in stores... :oops:

First up, we have Star Glow, 1990-1991. I love the fact that she glows in the dark! And I'm pretty sure she had a special spot when I was growing up, because I liked things that kept any kind of light, when it got dark out. XD

Next is Baby Star-Burst, 1988-1989. Lil' Baby pony! Isn't she cute!!

Buzzer- Another one of the winged ponies, this come 1987-1989 (The Summer Winged Ponies). Another one of my favorites growing up. Her colors are so awesome, and the wings!! I loved the wings(okay, I still love the wings).

Forget-Me-Not, she is supposed to be one of the first sets of Flutter Ponies, 1985-1986. Sadly she lost her wings a long time ago, infact I can't remember if she even had wings when I got her. She still has the button you press to make them flutter though. XD She was one my favorites, because I loved the flowers on her side.

Powder-1984-1985. One of my oldest I think. If I recall correctly, I always pretended she was Forget-Me-Not's mother. Sadly, I never had any of the male ponies, so they all grew up without a Dad. :lol:

And Finally, Sugar! Another one of my favorites(I loved the roses on her). She is not a MLP, however she is still a Hasbro Pony, a Little Cabbage Patch Kids one. She is bigger then all the others. Now I can't find the website where I found her name anymore. She is scented very faintly still, supposed to be roses, but I can't tell. I also have a pink unicorn with yarnish hair from the same line in storage.

After looking at these photos, I realize that they all need a good wiping down! XD

Thanks for looking fellow pony lovers!!
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Re: The Ponies are taking over!! (They will assimilate all.

Postby landwhale » Sun May 22, 2011 10:21 pm

They're all so beautiful. My favorites are the first one that glows in the dark and the last one.

Looking at these makes me one some ponies. My sister somehow conned my dad into getting one for her when we were little. My mom told me at some point that we supposedly shared it (my sister and i)....I guess my sister failed to tell me this. A neighborhood kid did at one point give us one of hers so we ended up with two. One we shared and one that "belonged to my sister".

EDIT: oh I found out which ones we had

Starshine was the one my dad bought
http://www.ponylandtours.com/PonyInfo/donatedpictures/BridgetsMum/PeruStarshine.JPG

Princess Primrose was the one we got from the kid. I don't remember her having that forelock though.
http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/f/fc/Princess_Primrose.jpg/800px-Princess_Primrose.jpg

Sorry, not my pics but I don't know where the lil ponies are anymore.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Sun May 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Ooh the Cabbage Patch one is really cute :3 Her design looks a bit like stained glass roses to me for some reason, very pretty. And Powder has such a cute color scheme, plus she's in my fave pose! Always looks like its stargazing or daydreaming. Should you want it, you can get replacement wings for the Flutters, though I usually just stuck some feathers or painted plastic cut into wings in the tabs.
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sun May 22, 2011 10:50 pm

Aw! I had a Cabbage Patch Kids horse too! She was blue and I loved how big she was.
While we're on horse I also had (I should still have) the 12" Plush 1983 Rainbow Brite Starlite. He was so cool. He could stand on his own!
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Mon May 23, 2011 2:13 am

I love how my ponies opened the floodgates to more ponies. Rofl.

Anywho, have you thought of replacing Forgot me Not's wings? It would make those tab things not so... out of place. I found this tutorial as well if you wanna try it out:
http://www.linniekin.net/mlp/restore/flutter/index.htm

Though my favourite has to be Powder. I'm a sucker for Old school unicorns...

(And curses I want a G1 pony ;_; )
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Mary Kathryn » Mon May 23, 2011 5:30 pm

I love the one with glow in the dark bits best.

Today at Wal-mart I walked past the ponies several times. I picked them up. I looked at them. I picked them up. I looked at them. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I finally left without one but I may not be so lucky next time.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby britbrat18 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:54 pm

landwhale: Thank you! Aww, how long was it until you were told that? Did you at least get to play with it? That's awesome though that you neighbor did that though! Oh wow!! Those are some pretty ponies!! I like Starshine a lot.

SillyLilPuppet: You know, it does seem like stained glass!! And I love Powder's color scheme too, just like Forget-Me-Not, just something about the purple and white that looks so awesome. That's neat about the pose, I didn't know they had names. And I didn't know about the replacement wings either, it would be nice for her to have them again. :)

Gift_in_edge: Yay another Cabbage Patch Pony!! You don't hear much about them. There size is awesome though, and the fake little horseshoes on the bottom. The fact that you had one in blue is awesome!! Rainbow Bright Pony!! That's so cool! I used to watch my cousins Rainbow Bright tapes a lot.

Kd_Bunchanumbers: Yes you are to blame for the pony take-over. XD No complaints here though!! It never occured to me to replace her wings, so thank you for the tutorial!! I'll have to try that. She does look a bit odd with just the tabs. :) Powder is indeed totally old school. :) I think almost all my ponies are G1, I have two G2 ones somewhere, or at least still have their stuff, because I have the vanity and rainbows, from Ivy and Sundance.

Mary Kathryn: I'll have to take a picture and post her glowing for you guys. :) You resisted! I commend you resistance!:D I actually haven't seen any ponies in my local Walmart, next time I go, I'll have to look closer.

Thanks for all the comments guys! Here's to more ponies popping up!
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Mon May 23, 2011 10:50 pm

I don't have too many vintage ponies but I do have Starglow and Sugar! I also have Spunky the camel pony friend, Stardazzle the Dream Beauty, an orange Petite Pony with a purple tail, and a purple pegasus Cabbage Patch pony with sparkly yarn hair.

I also have a bunch of Sweetie Pups and Kitties and a Farytail bird. I know they are not actually ponies at all but they are all animals with brushable hair made by Hasbro.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Tue May 24, 2011 2:57 am

britbrat18 wrote:Kd_Bunchanumbers: Yes you are to blame for the pony take-over. XD No complaints here though!! It never occured to me to replace her wings, so thank you for the tutorial!! I'll have to try that. She does look a bit odd with just the tabs. :) Powder is indeed totally old school. :) I think almost all my ponies are G1, I have two G2 ones somewhere, or at least still have their stuff, because I have the vanity and rainbows, from Ivy and Sundance.

Pretty much sums up my feelings :lol:

I figured that since it was a relatively cheap tutorial you could do it for her. I hope you post pics of her wings :D Though I heard the templates she gives is a bit small for the tabs so I think you should cut the tabs out larger and trim to size :D

I totally love the g1 ponies but... I still haven't seen a G2 yet so, I guess they're less popular than the g3s xD
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby quidam » Tue May 24, 2011 3:38 pm

I loooooove Powder! She was always one of my favorites! I could have sworn that I still had her but she was nowhere to be found on my recent search. :cry:

I doubt anyone's flutter-wing pony made it this long with wings. Most people I know who had them say they broke within a week. They were fun while they lasted, though!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys