Go to footer

The Ponies are taking over!! (They will assimilate all.)

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: The Ponies are taking over!! (They will assimilate all.

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:43 am

*cough* I have a G3 Pony I've been meaning to dye red and reroot but I've been uber uninspired.

Speaking of which, I redid my Rarity's hair to look more like the show's counterpart...

This was MUCH more difficult since the hairs were not rolling up properly on the q-tips and the fact she was too thickly rooted. I chopped off about an inch from her mane and the curls are still slightly too fat for my taste.
The tail was a fail.
Hoever, despite this, I’m insanely, insanely happy how she turned out and how much better she is now she’s close to her animated counterpart…
So… here are my little ponies… I still need to get Applejack to complete the set though. I’m just uber stubborn and holding out for an Applejack that comes with a cowboy hat :c
That and possibly replacing Fluttershy with the new one that comes with lighter pink hair…
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby skookum hime » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:59 pm

i need to fix my rarity and pinkie pie's manes and tails
skookum hime
Dolly Pardon

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:22 am

Lols I finally got a G1 pony from my local Savers. FOR TWO DOLLARS. MWAHAHAHAHAHA! *runs away*

But erm, can anyone ID this pony? It was quite grubby and was missing it's forelock so... I fixed it as best as I could...

Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:38 am

Daaawww, it's a sitting-down one! I love those! Unfortunately, I have no idea which that one is. Wait, where's that link to the Pony database ...?
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:48 pm

I think it's Seashell from year 2. Ponyland Press is an awsome place to look at and ID ponies...
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby britbrat18 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:27 pm

1/6andtinylover wrote:I think it's Seashell from year 2. Ponyland Press is an awsome place to look at and ID ponies...

She is indeed a Seashell. :) I use this site for Pony ID, http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/. Very useful, they have a search program to identify every G1 pony. Ponyland has nicer, bigger pictures though. :D

Congrats on your first G1 pony KD! The sitting down ones are too cute(and rather rare I think...)
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:21 pm

Mhm, thats Seashell. And I believe there were only two ponies made in that sitting pose in the standard line of MLP, with Seashell being the rarer of the two. So you really lucked out there :3
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 pm

And it looks like she's in an okay condition. A couple of touch ups maybe?
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:13 am

So, the 25th birthday sets of seven G3 Ponies I won off Ebay arrived today. They're so pretty! But good grief, I opened the box and HELLO cigarettes! *coughcough* Even after a thorough wipe-down and hair-washing (and believe you me, washing hair with sparkly tinsel in it ain't fun) the smell still lingers. What's worse, three of the ponies had been used for display, which I knew. The other Ponies are still brand-new, but even THEY stink of cigarettes. The ones displayed (the unicorn and pegasus, of course) have yellowed on top of being smelly, especially on their heads. This was not disclosed in the auction description so I'm slightly disappointed, but otherwise they all really are in excellent condition. I just hope that smell will eventually fade. I DO live in a non-smoking home. -_-

Now I gotta leave feedback, but I really don't know what to leave. Positive? Neutral? Hmmm....

Edit: As for the two sitting-down G1 Ponies ... was the other one named Bubbles, by any chance? I dunno, I know one of my friends had a sitting-down Pony, and the name Bubbles keeps popping into my mind when I think of it, even though I can barely remember what it looked like (I'm thinking pale pink/peach with peachy hair and soap bubbles on the rump ...).

Edit 2: I was RIGHT about the name! :o Totally off about the color, though (she's bright yellow with blue hair. lol). Looks like I was thinking of Cotton Candy, instead.) :lol:

Yeesh. Just turn 35 and the mind is already going on me. XD
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby richila » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Cordie's pony by richila9098, on Flickr
Cordie has a pony and it's because of this thread!!!!!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys