Go to footer

Ivan needs a war horse...

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Ivan needs a war horse...

Postby Trethowan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Ivan needs a war horse. He hasn't bossed anyone around in a while. He hasn't demanded fine things. I waved around sock-pants and he didn't flinch. I think he might be depressed. LOL

Seriously though. I want an 18-hand tall Friesian, for him, that would be 70 cm at the withers.

Where in the world would I find a decent looking horse that big? And that could support having a doll in a saddle on it? :-)

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/frie ... ensen.html

(and you know, in the back of my head, I'm envisioning Ivan strapped onto a little saddle on a young miniature horse.)
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Ivan needs a war horse...

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:04 pm

So we're assuming Ivan is 1/3 scale? I'd say go for a children's riding toy. Having just mis-engineered a horse's patootie myself you'll want something with a solid frame in it. Maybe make up a wooden frame and put some stuffing and fake fur on it. Or get a plushie and put reinforcements in it. If the horse is wearing armor or a herald sheet thing you can hide most of the structure.

The largest good realistic doll horses I've seen are by Marx but they're 1/6 scale and don't move. Stay away from most flocked horses, they're hollow and very thin. Breyers are around 1/8.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Well...you can always get a 70cm tall dollieh with hooves who won't mind carrying around Ivan...*shot*

No, I'm just kidding...mostly. I wonder whether there are animal bjds (not anthros who stand on two legs, but actual anatomically accurate realistic animal BJDs)
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 pm

They don't really make much in the way of Anthro in that way, because "that forum that shall not be named" won't let them be on topic.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:14 pm

True...but does those companies way over at Korea, Japan and China really care about an online forum mostly in the western world? I mean if it sells, it sells.

Um, back on topic: I heard that some MLPs can get pretty big (maybe it's just the plushies that get as big as 70cm...or maybe they don't.)
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby theodoric » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:45 pm

I couldnt find a Fresian ... but I did find this 1/3 scale horse

this is who made it ... http://www.secretloftdesigns.com/
theodoric
BANNED

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:04 pm

I assumed peoples use American Girl Ponies or that slightly larger scale version of AG horses. Lols.

Asides from that, you could tape together a bunch of My Little Ponies. Strikes fear into the hearts of many. :lol:
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kurosu.chan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Get him a rocking horse!! :lol:
kurosu.chan
the walls have dolliehs

Postby theodoric » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:I assumed peoples use American Girl Ponies or that slightly larger scale version of AG horses.

if I remember correctly the American Girls are 1/4 scale ... not 1/3 ... Ivan needs a 1/3 scale horse
theodoric
BANNED

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:47 pm

I remember that one! I think one of the asian companies also made a horse, but I can't remember who! I would look at garden statues.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys