Go to footer

Ivan needs a war horse...

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: Ivan needs a war horse...

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Friesians are lovely - one of my personal favorite breeds!

Unfortunately, the only horses you usually see are the ones made for American Girls and other dolls that size. They tend to be pony sized for your average 1/3 scale doll. Target sells a line for their dolls - usually you see them at Xmas time.

There is someone who has made a 1/3 scale horse specifically for BJDs....there may be a post about them somewhere around here, there was a post in the News on DOA, but since the horse didn't have ball joints I"m not sure if they allowed it ;p Anyway, it was uber expensive if I recall as well.

Rather than toy horses you may want to look at decorative sculptures or plaster castings. You might find one the right size there...but I wouldn't hold my breath on getting a friesian.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Wardah » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:50 am

What about that interactive toy horse they made a few years back?
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 am

DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby theodoric » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:34 am

Greyhaunt wrote:There is someone who has made a 1/3 scale horse specifically for BJDs....there may be a post about them somewhere around here, ...

check out the post I made earlier in this thread ... I think that is the one you were remembering ... on the home page of the site is a pic of that horse with a bjd on it Lady Godiva style :)
theodoric
BANNED

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:06 am

theodoric wrote:
Greyhaunt wrote:There is someone who has made a 1/3 scale horse specifically for BJDs....there may be a post about them somewhere around here, ...

check out the post I made earlier in this thread ... I think that is the one you were remembering ... on the home page of the site is a pic of that horse with a bjd on it Lady Godiva style :)

Yes, that was the one I was talking about.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Trethowan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:44 am

1/6andtinylover wrote:Well...you can always get a 70cm tall dollieh with hooves who won't mind carrying around Ivan...*shot*

No, I'm just kidding...mostly. I wonder whether there are animal bjds (not anthros who stand on two legs, but actual anatomically accurate realistic animal BJDs)

Bwaaahaaaa.... you inspire me.

Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:47 am

Trethowan wrote:
1/6andtinylover wrote:Well...you can always get a 70cm tall dollieh with hooves who won't mind carrying around Ivan...*shot*

No, I'm just kidding...mostly. I wonder whether there are animal bjds (not anthros who stand on two legs, but actual anatomically accurate realistic animal BJDs)

Bwaaahaaaa.... you inspire me.

..... :shock: Oh my...
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:51 am

Theodric, that horse in the link is amazing!!! It's beautiful. Thanks everyone for the fantastic ideas. <3
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby britbrat18 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:20 pm

There was that Domuya Nightmare horse that came out last year, but I'm not sure if it was limited or not(or if he's big enough...). But he might be worth looking at. :) Here's a BJDcollectasy article about him:http://www.bjdcollectasy.com/domuya-dolls/domuya-nightmare-1st-look.html.
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby theodoric » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Trethowan wrote:Theodric, that horse in the link is amazing!!! It's beautiful. Thanks everyone for the fantastic ideas. <3

thank you ... I'm glad I found it :)

britbrat18 wrote:There was that Domuya Nightmare horse that came out last year, but I'm not sure if it was limited or not(or if he's big enough...). But he might be worth looking at. :) Here's a BJDcollectasy article about him:
http://www.bjdcollectasy.com/domuya-dol ... -look.html

oh wow ... that IS an awesome horse ... and it is articulated :D

I cant see where Ivan wouldnt LOVE one of those ... especially with the full barding and the weapon

sadly it is no longer available ... production was to start March 1st 2010 ... and they were only going to make 66 total

D-1 Companion “Nightmare” will include:
1(one) D-1 Companion Horse
featuring 15 movable joints, able to mimic major movement of a real horse.
“Nightmare” will come in Limited Edition Nightmare Black Anti-UV resin.
1 pair of user changeable 20mm eyes, and changeable tail.
“Nightmare” armors are not included in the base product, please see below for details.
“Reaper” (Doll )is not included.
“Nightmare” Armor and Weaponry Set:
24 pieces removable “Nightmare” Armor, completely painted in “Midnight Blue” by Domuya lead makeup artist. (Currently, color shown in pictures are of Champion theme)
1 “Nightmare” Scythe, completely painted by Domuya lead makeup artist.
1 set of cloth armor, use to protect the chain mail from damaging the horse.
1 set of Chain Mail, fully hand-weave, which took 3 full days to make.
Important information about “Nightmare”
Shown in picture is the final prototype of “Nightmare”, final product might differ slightly. (only for better)
Color theme shown in the preview pictures is testing color (Champion theme), the final product will be in midnight blue.
“Nightmare” Armor and Weaponry Set are only available with this package only, they will NOT be sold separately.
“Nightmare” Armor and Weaponry design will NOT be reuse, thus they will be “unique” for 66 sets worldwide.
Currently, the Chain Mail is made of treated iron, we will replace it with aluminum in the final product to reduce the total weight of “Nightmare”
“Nightmare” is able to stand with perfect stablity with all parts attached and even with a rider on. Though poses like “galloping” might require a specially made stand. (included with all D-1 Companion Horse)

“Nightmare” is limited to 66 sets worldwide.
Domuya is only able to produce 10-15 pieces of “Nightmare” per month, so the fulfillment period might take up to 5 months, depending on when you place you order.
First production piece of “Nightmare” will be release in 1st March 2010.
This pre-order package is open mainly to customers with “Nightmare” priority order queue ticket, which is attained from Domuya D-1 Flexi All Stars Dream Package.
Customers with the 30% off “Nightmare” discount coupon are automatically branded as priority order queue customer.
Technical data

Final technical data of “Nightmare” will be updated just before 1st March 2010, currently, “Nightmare” weight over 12kg with full armor on, we are trying to reduce the weight by another 20% before releasing it.
Nightmare currently measured approximately 68cm in length and 70cm in height.

I dont want to even guess what these cost :shock: ... if it was under a thousand dollars I would have been amazed
theodoric
BANNED

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys