Go to footer

Ivan needs a war horse...

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: Ivan needs a war horse...

Postby britbrat18 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Theodoric: I figured it was limited, but I thought I'd read somewhere that the 66 was just a first run. But I guess not. :(

In lew of my mistake, I bring more info! From DOA: Horses for Larger Dolls: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showt ... +nightmare.

They talk a lot about the horse that theodoric posted, lots of pictures of it, customized and stuff. A lot of talk about Friesian horses, and that woman who made that horse, was talking about making a Friesian one.

In case you aren't able to view it. They talk a lot about My Twinn Horses being a good match. I think My Twinn only has two different horses now, but there is always second hand. And a "DPL Leeds make nice plush horses for 60-75cm sized dolls", they are found in Rite-Aid, apparently.

So..hope that helps a bit more! :D
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby theodoric » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:46 pm

found a Fresian :D

I had to do some end around searches ... but I found the website for the people that actually make the Nahar horse for Secret Loft Designs

I do NOT know what scale they are or what their measurements are :|

they are made by "Resins by Randy" ... in California

this is the link for the page of their site that shows a BUNCH of different resin horses they make ... and even a llama :shock:
http://resinsbyrandy.com/resintoc.html

and now for some pics of the Fresian

Metolious, Friesian-Extraordinaire by Sue Sifton ... the horse is modelled from a real one, and pics of the real one are shown on the pages these pics were pulled from

theodoric
BANNED

Postby DollyKim » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:02 pm

Is he going to be the right scale?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby theodoric » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:08 pm

DollyKim wrote:Is he going to be the right scale?

I dont know ... you would probably have to contact them to find out what the model measurements are

unless someone knows what doll that is that was used in the second pic I posted
theodoric
BANNED

Postby Trethowan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:28 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WOW!! That is EPIC! Yeah, he could totally go charging into battle on something like that. Woweee!!

Oh, the Friesian is amazing also.

I might have to take the above suggestions and go anthro or create the My little Pony Mega-horse. hahahahahaa.... kidding!

Again with the wowing, so amazing. /sigh.

Maybe I should make a historical 1/6th Ivan with all the medieval awesome, and leave my 72cm boy for the modern. :-) I used to have a Breyer Friesian, It might be in storage somewhere. :-)

and in closing, I think my research/google skills are broken. (Treth-fail.) I didn't find these when I searched. You guys are awesome. :-)
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:58 pm

The Domuya horse is no longer produced, and as far as I know Domuya itself is gone. A friend has one of the horses, it is GORGEOUS but slightly undersized and seems to look best with very slender female SD dolls. Pity its no longer available though, it really was only $800 for the horse with armor. The most realistic commercially available horse for 1/3 dolls seems to be the My Twinn one, its larger and more detailed than an American Girl horse or the ones sold through retail stores. They're still sold through the My Twinn website I believe, and you can get lucky finding one on ebay sometimes. They aren't jointed but are lovely horses and could be modded to have more realistic hair (maybe real horse hair extensions bought from a beauty center) or repainted to suit the coloring you want.
As far as MLPs go, the biggest non plush ones are either the vintage My Pretty Pony or the modern Styling Ponies. Neither are big enough for even MSDs. The plush do get HUGE but the big ones are hard to find, and do not stand on their own very well. Plus the fact that, cute as they are, they don't really look all that much like horses.
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:22 pm

theodoric wrote:
DollyKim wrote:Is he going to be the right scale?

I dont know ... you would probably have to contact them to find out what the model measurements are
unless someone knows what doll that is that was used in the second pic I posted

My first instincts are he's 1/6 scale. They'd have a ready made market at that size.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby theodoric » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:23 pm

SillyLilPuppet wrote:The Domuya horse is no longer produced, and as far as I know Domuya itself is gone....

I had been wondering about that ... because the times I have tried to access their website ... it doesnt exist any more

as for the My Twinn horses ... yes they are still available ... they are $89

http://www.mytwinn.com/Custom_Dolls/Pet ... rter-Horse
http://www.mytwinn.com/Custom_Dolls/Pet ... rown-Horse

the problem is ... they are only 25" tall ... which I am guessing means they would only be useable for 1/6 scale dolls or a small 1/4 scale "child" ... she could be riding a pony ... like a Shetland or a Chincoteague

for 1/3 scale ... it looks like the one by Secret Loft Designs is about it

though the Resins By Randy might still be a possibility depending on their size
theodoric
BANNED

Postby britbrat18 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:48 pm

theodoric wrote:
SillyLilPuppet wrote:The Domuya horse is no longer produced, and as far as I know Domuya itself is gone....

I had been wondering about that ... because the times I have tried to access their website ... it doesnt exist any more

as for the My Twinn horses ... yes they are still available ... they are $89

http://www.mytwinn.com/Custom_Dolls/Pet ... rter-Horse
http://www.mytwinn.com/Custom_Dolls/Pet ... rown-Horse

the problem is ... they are only 25" tall ... which I am guessing means they would only be useable for 1/6 scale dolls or a small 1/4 scale "child" ... she could be riding a pony ... like a Shetland or a Chincoteague

for 1/3 scale ... it looks like the one by Secret Loft Designs is about it

though the Resins By Randy might still be a possibility depending on their size

In my previous post I mentioned DoA, and they talked about My Twinn horses fitting SD pretty well. Two pics..they have more throughout that thread, but since I know a lot of people aren't on DOA. :D

Doll same size as a hound with My Twinn, def. a bit small
http://www.thedollpage.com/photopost/da ... 0192pp.JPG

SD sized Doll with My Twinn
http://www.thedollpage.com/photopost/da ... 0194pp.JPG
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys