Go to footer

Sailor Moon Garage Kits!

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Sailor Moon Garage Kits!

Postby Lexagon » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:53 pm

I want one so bad but I've only ever found sites where they are being shipped from Thailand and most don't include English instruction manuals :cry: Everything on either sites has to be pre-ordered as well so I could expect the kit by January, at the earliest :evil:

Not to mention it'd be 30$ for a 1/8 figure and 15 dollars for shipping. Maybe I'm just stingy but that seems crazy, not to mention I'd have to buy a base for the figure and paints :?

Again maybe I'm just cheap.

Does anyone know where one can aqcuire Sailor Moon figure kits within a reason price with instructions I don't have to learn a new language for? :roll:
Lexagon
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: Sailor Moon Garage Kits!

Postby landwhale » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:58 am

The instructions usually aren't that different. Usually you cut and sand the pieces to fit well. Pin parts. Paint some of hte parts that are ready for paint. Assemble and putty. More sanding. MOre paint. More paint. Detail. More paint. and voila. It's pretty much the same. The only use the instructions are for is if there are a lot of tiny parts and you can't figure it out and to count the parts and see if anything is missing.

I own quite a few kits. None sailormoon but I want to make my own. 1/6 Endy and Serenity pair.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby K2! » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Landwhale pretty much nailed the assembly procedure. Garage kits are pretty much "Do It Yourself". Some of them come with a sheet that illustrates where the pieces go but for many kits all you get is a photograph of the finished (usually the prototype) kit.
These are the places I've shopped and found reliable.
http://www.hobbyfan.com/
http://www.e2046.com/index.php?language=en
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:33 pm

hehehe, in what i think of as a touch of irony, I actually have an old Five Star Stories Volks cast resin garage kit of one of the girl characters :) No instructions at all with it and I've never actually put it together ;P
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Lexagon » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Landwhale Thanks for the help! You saved me from having to learn a new language in the future :)

I figured they were built without real instructions anyway but I'm completely airheaded sometimes, just today I couldn't figure out why my trunk wouldn't open! then figured out I was repeatedly hitting the hood open button. :? Then I couldn't get the hood shut! :lol:

Hmm, I'll have to look at the one site I've already considered E2046 and I was thinking about buying one from there, not sure yet. Depends on finances. If only I didn't need to have a house to live in... or food.

Ooh Grey I'm jealous, she'll probably make for a really nice figure once she's built.
Lexagon

Postby britbrat18 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:59 pm

There are some on ebay but the are all recasts and from Thailand. :( I've been looking around too. I have a Super Sailor Moon recast that has been incomplete for years because of damage from the pieces falling off repeatedly. We've tried pins, super glue, and epoxy, nothing, must have been a poor recast, pieces chipped and everything(some have been lost). Just a little warning about recasts. Not all of them are like that, some in fact are wonderful. :) So she sits in my closet unfinished I've been looking for awhile for one that isn't a recast(and like you said from Thailand), so if I find anything I'll be sure to post the link here. :D

K2!: Thank you for the links btw. :D
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Lexagon » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Thanks! Its not really a matter of where it comes from, I mean if its good quality I don't mind where the product comes from but all these websites require mass amounts of times to ship at which point by the time I get the actual item I'll have forgotten all about it or it's crazy amounts of money for shipping x)

Someone tried to sell me one on DA for $20.. I was like WOAH GREAT... not really because they wanted $25 for shipping and they seemed flakey :cry: I was so excited, haha.
Stupid Sailor Moon infatuation :lol:

It'll drive me up the wall, or get me kicked out. Whichever comes first. :?
Lexagon

Postby britbrat18 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Lexagon wrote:Thanks! Its not really a matter of where it comes from, I mean if its good quality I don't mind where the product comes from but all these websites require mass amounts of times to ship at which point by the time I get the actual item I'll have forgotten all about it or it's crazy amounts of money for shipping x)

Someone tried to sell me one on DA for $20.. I was like WOAH GREAT... not really because they wanted $25 for shipping and they seemed flakey :cry: I was so excited, haha.
Stupid Sailor Moon infatuation :lol:

It'll drive me up the wall, or get me kicked out. Whichever comes first. :?

The shipping from Thailand is a killer, and some of the re-casts are awful, and cannot be put together, pieces are brittle, break easy, etc. And some are beautiful pieces that look amazing when finished. So sometimes you have to be careful ordering recasts from there, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. In my personal experience, it never worked out. XD

Sounds like the person on DA was trying to scam you...which is just awful. :(

It's been driving me up a wall too, you would think it wouldn't be this hard to find a Sailor Moon Model, and I do not want another recast after what happened with the last one. I'm so close to waving a white flag.
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby landwhale » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:16 pm

ditto on thai recasts being awful. The reason why you haven't finished is because it's a thai recast. Try E2046 or hobbylink. I have recasts from both and the quality is great.

I'm on the e2046 forum though I haven't been on it for a while. My name is landwhale there too but I will eventually be on again when I finish my moogle garage kit.

Also eventually going to do human ones at some point.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Lexagon » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:20 am

Well that's no good ):
No big deal though, I'll just save up so I can afford a good one.

Your moogle looks great!
Lexagon

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys