Go to footer

wouldnt Ivan rather have a ........... :-)

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

wouldnt Ivan rather have a ........... :-)

Postby theodoric » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:19 am

this post is done in fun only ... there is nothing wrong at all with horses ... as I said in another thread I might get one for my Mio :D

ok ... a horse is like sooooooooo medieval

I mean lets be honest ... how many "modern" girls are going to be impressed by a smelly old horse :roll:

to REALLY impress the modern girls you need something snazzy that goes REALLY fast :o :shock:

something like this :twisted:

Ferrari 312 PB ... 1/3 Scale Model

http://www.sportscardigest.com/car-prof ... ale-model/ ... the link has full details about the model and a video of the model

... as a side note ... EVERYTHING on this model is perfectly functional ... the steering, lights, brakes, even the engine really works and the exhaust has been tuned to sound exactly like a real race car
theodoric
BANNED

Re: wouldnt Ivan rather have a ........... :-)

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:59 am

DROOL!!! Hazel actually wants a pink Rolls Royce. Has Ivan considered a motorcycle - more like a horse and perhaps a little easier to find.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby kurosu.chan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:05 pm

:lol:
Ivan is being showered with virtual presents!! He's very popular! :lol:
kurosu.chan
the walls have dolliehs

Postby theodoric » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:03 pm

zirconmermaid wrote:DROOL!!! Hazel actually wants a pink Rolls Royce. Has Ivan considered a motorcycle - more like a horse and perhaps a little easier to find.

what size/scale is your Hazel ?

as for a 1/3 scale motorcycle ... I havent been able to find any :( ... and I have been looking ... Mio in her black leather would look great riding a chopped Harley :D

kurosu.chan wrote::lol:
Ivan is being showered with virtual presents!! He's very popular! :lol:

it has been fun seeing what I can find to "accessorize" him ... and my Mio because she is larger than most of the 1/3 scale dolls in here

I started a separate thread for 1/3 and smaller scale flyable aircraft models
theodoric
BANNED

Postby Trethowan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:38 pm

ooooh.... Ivan needs to learn how to drive. ;-)
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby theodoric » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Trethowan wrote:ooooh.... Ivan needs to learn how to drive. ;-)

*rolling laughing* :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah ..... there's no reins or stirrups on a race car :o :shock: .... and I dont think spurs or a riding crop would make it go any faster :lol:

zirconmermaid wrote:DROOL!!! Hazel actually wants a pink Rolls Royce.

LOL .... ok, that little idea sent me off on a search just to see how big a scale model Rolls I could find

I hope Hazel is small :?

the largest scale model Rolls I could find was 1/8 scale ........... and I hope you arent on a budget :shock:

2009 Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe in Metropolitan Blue Resin Model Car in 1:8 Scale by Truescale Miniatures
Shipping in August 2011. Pre-order now to reserve. We do not charge your credit card until the model ships.

cost $4250

http://www.truescalemini.com/ ... their website is offline temporarily ... their headquarters is listed as HongKong
theodoric
BANNED

Postby kurosu.chan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 am

Ahhhhh...pretty, pretty cars...
kurosu.chan
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 am

Sherris demands a white convertable Jaguar.

Genet prefers something conservative and non-descript (better for doing survelance).

Ferron wants an SUV.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby theodoric » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:48 am

kurosu.chan wrote:Ahhhhh...pretty, pretty cars...

yeah they are :)

I dont quite know why ... but for some reason the car/motorcycle modelling world hasnt caught up to the rest of the areas ... it seems to be stuck in the 1/43 - 1/32 scale range for cars and 1/12 and smaller for motorcycles :evil:

I really would love to find a nice chopped Harley model in 1/3 scale for Mio ... in her black leather she would look HOT on it :D

Greyhaunt wrote:Sherris demands a white convertable Jaguar.

Genet prefers something conservative and non-descript (better for doing survelance).

Ferron wants an SUV.

LOL .... boy did I start something with this thread :o

I wish I could find links for all of the dolliehs that would like cars ... but as I said above ... that is the area of modelling that is the most barren for us

the only other large scale model car I found ... if I can find the link again ... was a 1/3 scale Ford model "T"

maybe it might be possible for a few doll forums to get together and start a petition that they could send to some of the car and motorcycle modelling companies to show them that there IS a demand for models in those scales
... or send the petition direct to the car companies ... because just as car shows and old/antique car rallies are good for brand name recognition ... large sized doll car shows and rallies (radio controlled cars) ... because I have no doubt the doll magazines would do feature stories on shows like that ... it could only benefit the car companies with increased brand recognition

I dont think Mio would mind crusing around in a Toyota Ceilica Supra ... candy apple red with black leather seats and red and black interior trim :D
........ or a Datsun 300Z 8-)
theodoric
BANNED

Postby richila » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:53 am

I dont think Mio would mind crusing around in a Toyota Ceilica Supra ... candy apple red with black leather seats and red and black interior trim

Oooo I learned to drive stick in one those-it was a really sweet ride. It was black with black leather seats.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys