Go to footer

More Ponies! (Twilight, Spike and Rainbow Dash) And stuff...

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

More Ponies! (Twilight, Spike and Rainbow Dash) And stuff...

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 am

Looool, I have no self Control....Well, to be fair about 80% of this stuff was from my gift voucher I got for my birthday SO I REGRET NOTHING.

I first decided to swing by my Big W and noticed that lol, there's new 2 pack pony sets that cost even LESS than single pack ponies ($9 vs $7) so I decided that I might as well round off my collection with Rainbow Dash... (I really wanted the other pony, Daisy something but it came with Fluttershy and I already had her, lol)...

I then went to TRU to spend my free money on dolls but found the Jack Sparrow doll I wanted was sold out ;_; I then go pick up a LPS bunny that was slashed down to $2 due to a box derp when I saw the balloon set I always wanted, but could never justify spending $40+ on just cuz I only really wanted the Spike in that set...

Turns out TRU had it on sale from $50 to $30, which was much more manageable in my opinion (since a separate Twilight would be $10, Spike isn't available anywhere else, plus I kinda wanted a night light)...

And I picked up a Liv just cuz I liked her shirt and figured more bodies is a good thing to make up the rest of the voucher...

But yeah, derpderpderp.

I am laughing at the irony of the tomboy pony getting a crapload more than the other ponies.

Annoyingly Dash doesn't have a fringe plus the rooting hair colours are terrible but I'll manage for a girl's toy, lol.

Poor Rarity. She's basically me as a unicorn, over dramatic, giving way too much, can get self absorbed, is a romantic, crazy extroverted emotions. Which is why I'm putting off doing her hair last as I'm terrible with curls and such...

Also my bunny hybrid hijacked the balloon.

Lols I had an extra mini GI Joe girl body lying around so I figured that I could use it for this hybrid. All I did was cut the stem in the head as close as possible, pushed it inside the head and popped it onto the body. I think the spring is the only thing keeping the head from falling onto the shoulders. It's cool since she can tilt her head and such.

Now I'm regretting not buying more of these bodies...

Yeah, for once I wished Hasbro used kanekalon on the manes since that stuff is amazing to work with when incredibly short. I tried to keep their hairstyles as close as possible to the show since I mainly collect these for that purpose. So yeah, I used my most basic understanding of hairstyling and cut and hairsprayed everything together.

Lols poor Rarity... I need to lop off about an inch of hair if I want to tightly curl her hair like the show... Rainbow 'Flash' I find is pretty boring lol.

Lols I find these characters ADORABLE together as a cutesy toy ship kinda pairing, mainly due to fluffy fanfics and fanart. Plus the episode Griffon the Feathers showed they had a great dynamic... (I am ignoring EVERYTHING related to that revolting gore fic "Cupcakes")

So yeah. Lols this was inspired by Pinkie Pie's singing telegram, when she visits Dash's house...

Lols I refuse to buy an Applejack without ANY kind of hat. *cries* She aint an adorable hick without it :C

But yeah, I'm pretty proud how my mane cast is turning out despite my skill level not being up there with PicklePud...

I just need to curl Rarity's hair, get an Applejack, then work on my Doctor Whooves custom.

All mah ponies. I need to get me some red Rit dye then BAM, my pink G3 unicorn can be a man ;D

Lols CRAPPY PHOTOSHOP FTW.

I find the nightlight feature an adorable thing too, since it's pretty nifty and only needs batteries...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: More Ponies! (Twilight, Spike and Rainbow Dash) And stuf

Postby Stormlight » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:11 am

Nuuuu! Must ... resist ... buying ... ponies ....

But they're all so CUTE! XD

One of these days I will actually watch the show, just to see what it's about. I HAVE seen it on cable. I know we can get the channel. It just is a matter of finding the time its on.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby AlmySidaKay » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:26 am

Some times I almost want to give into the MLP.. but I already collect enough! Oh darn you KD and your uber cute clan of ponies!
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:16 am

But but but... why don't you want them ponies? :C

Lols I find them refreshing and interesting enough but doesn't detract from my doll collecting lol. I blame the TV show entirely for this addiction, mainly due to it's surprising depth, art style, well developed characters and the amount of in jokes entrenched in this new series.

I definitely recommend tryin' to catch an ep or five at the very least, search it up on Youtube "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Episode 1" and you'll find some nice high quality full length videos :) I certainly recommend watching, plus... I think the person who redone the new series is one of us...

Also, one of my future customs is this:

EDIT: WRONG PIC, lolool.
Last edited by Kd_Bunchanumbers on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:21 am

Omg it's Timelord Pony.................... /drool
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:24 am

AlmySidaKay wrote:Omg it's Timelord Pony.................... /drool

Lols the most hilarious thing was the animators just threw together a bunch of random background ponies. That one just happened to have David Tennant's hairstyle and have an hourglass on his butt. xD
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:31 am

If they made him, I would buy him.
AlmySidaKay

Postby britbrat18 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:13 pm

They are all so cute!!! Congrats on your new ponies!! I love that air balloon, the lights are so pretty!
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:37 pm

GI Bunny is awesome. :D

Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:plus... I think the person who redone the new series is one of us...

One of us! One of us! One of us! XD
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:52 pm

*looks at the 8th piccie* OMG do I see teh derp ponieh?

And D.W. + Ponies=Win. Maybe someone can make McGyver ponies or Back To the Future ponies next?! (Has been watching too many sci fi type of shows)
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys