Go to footer

It's build your own Pony!

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

It's build your own Pony!

Postby Stormlight » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:43 am

Well ... paint it, actually. Have any of you Pony collectors seen these yet?

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-De ... _t_title_0

They're completely blank, white My Little Ponies that can be customized any way you like.

Soooo tempted to pick up a few and try my hand at it, only I have no idea what I'd use to paint them. Sharpie markers? They have fabric-safe markers that might work to color the hair, at least. Hmmm ...
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: It's build your own Pony!

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:08 am

I saw those! It's pretty tempting. If I got one, I would give it girly pink symbols, reroot with various mix of light pink hair, sculpt wings on and make a girly pink pony :D
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Linteia » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:48 pm

It looks like the mane and tail are sculpted too, and it's kind of spendy. :( I can see why they marketed it, and it's a pretty nifty idea, but I think I'll stick to scalping junk ponies.
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby thisstrangeforest » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:45 pm

I squeed when I saw those. i do believe it's just white hair but you'd still have to dye it. It's tempting but I haven't got one yet. I'll need to get three so my girls and I can all paint one.
At home: Faun
thisstrangeforest
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Stormlight » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:09 pm

Yeah the seller on Amazon is kinda pricey. Methinks they're taking advantage of the fact that they seem to be the only ones who actually sell the things (I looked). Hasbro has them priced at $4.95, about the cost of your average Pony. But they don't seem to actually SELL them off their website.

And yes, I think it IS just white hair. I'd probably make a mostly-white pony with a few little details here and there, maybe a couple of locks of hair streaked with some color.

I also saw a couple of art Ponies. I actually have one or two of those on order from Ebay 'cause they're just so NEAT. My Ponies never looked that cool when I was a kid. XD
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:05 pm

The blank white ponies do indeed have normal nylon hair like most other ponies. And Hasbro used to sell em... this is news to me that they don't.

Have one of their art ponies as well, the Comic Con 2009 'two face' girl. She's awesome :3
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby Linteia » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Oh good, rooted hair is so much more fun to work with. :) Yeah when I saw they wanted ten bucks my thought was "I can buy a whole bag of bait ponies for that." Some people will charge anything, I guess. :/
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:54 pm

You guys know you can dye nylon with RIT, right? Cuz I can imagine the possibilities with a pony like this...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:06 pm

Well theres a couple high-profile customizers that favor that body for when they need a pure white clean pony (white bait ponies with no staining are hard to find). Kalavista and Aikarin come to mind as ones who have used them. Its a great pony if you're specifically after that pure whiteness for dyeing or intricate painting. And I've seen some GORGEOUS gradient dye jobs done before.
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys