Go to footer

What the heck is she?

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

What the heck is she?

Postby britbrat18 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:21 pm

While I was going through my Mcdonald's Barbies a few weeks back I found this tiny little doll with them. And I forgot to post pictures. I have no idea when I got her, or what she is. She has no markings at all, and tbh she looks a little bit freaky sometimes, yet I find her interesting. She looks like she has lost hair, but I see no empty plugs, so they are just spaced oddly I guess. And she just has this skirt. Her face is pretty grimy, and the paint is coming off in some places. She is like a tiny Barbie, her legs move, arms move, waist turns, but the head doesn't. She is about 11cm tall.

Here are two pictures of her:

Does anyone have any idea what she is? I'm guessing she's kinda old, but that's as much as I know. Any help at all would be great. :D
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Re: What the heck is she?

Postby Stormlight » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:50 pm

You know, she sort of reminds me of these tiny little fashion dolls I used to play with as a kid, in the 80s. Of course, mine were in much better condition. lol They were maybe four or five inches tall or so. I had like a dozen of them, and you could change their clothes, but their shoes were molded on their feet. I don't for the life of me remember what they were called. Something to do with models, maybe? I don't think they were made by a huge name-brand company like Mattel. I used to use my allowance to buy them at stores like Nickels and Jamesway (way back when they still existed).
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Wardah » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Dawn doll maybe?
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:26 pm

That's what I was thinking, she looks a lot like the Dawn doll Gift and I found at a garage sale.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:09 am

I don't think this is a Dawn doll. Dawns all had closed mouths and a different headshape than that

Doesn't seem to be a Pippa either. I'm guessing a knockoff clone, judging by the hair rooting which isn't up to Dawn or Pippa standards.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:47 am

If she's by Mattel she could be a Rock Flowers. No mark a knock-off, Dawn was popular enough that would have happened. The knock off I have is hollow and feels very light compared to the real girls.

The 80s dolls being thought of could be Glamour Gals or Dazzle, I have a couple somewhere.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby britbrat18 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Thanks guys! I def. thinks she is a knock-off now that I've Googled all the names you guys gave me(This site helped a lot: http://www.whos-that-doll.com/). She looks like a mash up of a lot of them. I've never heard of Pippa or Dawn until now, they are very cool looking though. I had to have gotten her second hand at some garage sale or something. She also has two holes where her ankle is, but I couldn't find any original or clone doll that had those.

I'm thinking of maybe repainting and re-rooting her sometime down the road.

Thanks again for your help guys! :D
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys