Go to footer

My first G4 custom. DJ P0N-3

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

My first G4 custom. DJ P0N-3

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:47 am

Well, I actually received an extra Rarity for my birthday but she's been in hiding since I... melted her hair. So for about two months she's been in pieces without hair and such since I wanted to experiment disassembling the new ponies.

I finally got stuck with inspiration since I was reading up on the MLP wikia and saw that a fan favourite background pony was a unicorn AND was white like Rarity! I'm still too lazy about colour changing so I figured this would be a great first custom for me since I discovered I only want ones from the show, haha.

DJ P0N-3 was in only one scene, but look at her awesome design! I'm not surprised how much of an ensemble darkpony she's become. I adore her simply cuz she was in my favourite episode "Suited For Success". /crazy Rarity Fan.

I rerooted her in Kanekalon... Most horrifying experience in my life, but at least when boiled permed, it holds it's shape PERFECTLY. I decided to give her an asymmetrical haircut since I figured it's what kids these days would have if they were DJ ponies...

The goggles are sculpted with Milliput and painted with acrylics.

Thoughts? I'm kinda unsure if I have the skill to make a derpy or Dr Whoof :c

As you can see, total thatching action for this pony...

"Ooh! This is my jam!" *sings Equestria Girls*

Lols unfortunately I have no DJ thingers for her so she has to make do with this keyboard...

Also, I'm calling her DJ P0N-3 just because of the Hub's promo confirming her name as so... *nitpicky fanboy*

Lols my inner completeist needs an Applejack but... but... she has no hat :c

As a side note I would like to say I love all the pony characters, though some more than others, but that doesn't mean I don't have favourites either. I'm just tired of all the pony hate.

And a reference pic:

Omake:
I also finished my new tie...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: My first G4 custom. DJ P0N-3

Postby skookum hime » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:02 am

love it :D I am working on Several Derpy Hooves Projects XD
skookum hime
Dolly Pardon

Postby Pandor » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:12 pm

EPIC WIN. She looks PERFECT! <3
And I say you totes have what it takes to make an awesome derpy and Dr Whoof! 8D DO EET.

Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:Lols my inner completeist needs an Applejack but... but... she has no hat :c

Dooooooood! Dood dood dooddooddoood! So I was at a craft store last weekend, and I found these leeetle pony-sized white cowboy hats that, aside from the colour and not having a notch in the front, would TOTES work for Applejack.
I got a package so I could paint/mod one for my Applejack, and since it's a 4-pack I was thinking I could maybe send you one or two so you can stop with the not-having-Applejack-because-she-has-no-hat. 8-)
Let me know if you wantssss! ;)
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:53 am

Bwahahaha I'm still not sure how to to successfully paint a pony so I'll procrastinate on the customs until I at least get a Applejack...

Pandor, this is what I eventually want to accomplish:
Except with Lyra sitting like a human... (cuz she's lost control of her life)

AHHHH I MUST GO OUT AND GET AN APPLEJACK NOW. I WANT A TINY HAT AND MAKE IT BROWN AND SHIZ. AHHHHHHHS. And the single pack comes with her dog as well so... I must complete my set soon :O

(And you must show your ponies eventually)
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys