Go to footer

Doctor Who Legos

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Doctor Who Legos

Postby Vetinari » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Anyone else collect these? I've managed to get all of the normally available ones from series 1 - yay! (sigh at the super rares I'd have loved a clear weeping angel and raggedy doctor but oh well...)

I can't wait for series 2 just because they've finally made a Rory figure! (Even if he is a little naff in the pictures)

Oh and of course the obligatory customs made from the inevitable doubles:

Madame Vastra and Jenny, everyone's favourite lesbian lizard couple

http://fav.me/d42jkwk

http://fav.me/d42jv0u
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Doctor Who Legos

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:00 am

Tee hee, lesbian lizard couple. :D
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:08 am

I was tempted to get a pack of Doctors http://www.amazon.com/Character-Buildin ... 004&sr=8-3

Then I decided I didn't want to open the Pandora's Wallet of Lego scale and stick with the other scales I have.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Vetinari » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:08 am

That set looks pretty amazing doesn't it? But I maintain that the 4th Doctor looks like Neil Gaiman, the 2nd Doctor is adorable though!

I held out for about a week and then saw some in my local supermarket... They're so cute! But in a concession common sense I haven't ordered any online, just bought them if/when I've got money in hand, so I don't have any of the big sets. - If I got them online I don't think I'd ever stop!
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:43 pm

You can always repaint them. I never wanted any more 5" scale, was thinking about getting or making Doctors but never got around to it. I caved for the full set of Doctors because it has #8.

I was tempted to get K-9 or a companion but one companion leads to all wanting a companion. I might get a TARDIS control room but only because I have a zillion 5" Trekkers and plan to make a display for them so adding the Doctors wouldn't be a problem.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Vetinari » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:14 am

It's such a shame that there aren't more McGann figures around... Sigh most underrated doctor I think, I love all of his adventures in the comics and EDAs, and I've been slowly getting around to the audio episodes. 8 is so forgotten that he's gotten his own pseudo meme over on Gallie-base, all spoilers are either McGann or the Rani.

You really should - I love the console room playsets though mine are set up on shelves gathering dust at the moment with the batteries removed. They're calling out for a lick of paint though.Elevens playset is pretty cool, and takes up a little less space than 9/10 but it hasn't got any electronics. Actually though it's tiny the junk TARDIS is really nice, it really feels like a classic console room.
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:16 am

Some day, I think I'll make mine off the technical manual or something. Aside from the 5" Doctors I have 1/6 scale ones. My McGann is a Barack Sergeant MP with custom hair. I popped him on a Dragon body because the least musical McGann seems to misplace his clothes a lot. Even gave him brothers.

One of the big things is picking a scale and sticking with it. I wouldn't have room for Doctor wall paper with everything else.

Share some pics or your Who legos, wouldn't mind seeing them.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:38 am

Mild derailment, but it's Who mash-ups of win.

A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Vetinari » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 am

Heheh! I wish there were more 1/6 scale Doctor Who figures but if Big Chief's Matt Smith is anything like the prototype photos... Drool...

Well the figures look identical to the promo photos, but if you really want me to I'll get a couple of shots up. The only ones I've done anything to are the two up above.

Oh that Doctor Whoo shirt is so sweet.
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys