Go to footer

Your Favorite figure/statue in your collection?

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: Your Favorite figure/statue in your collection?

Postby Linteia » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:35 pm

kittyasauras wrote:@Linteia: Oh! I've got one of those too! He's actually missing a lot of pieces though. Our old room mate left it behind. The room mate never finished the kit, so it still needs the wings and some odd pieces here and there. I've got the box, and what I'm assuming is the rest of the pieces, but I don't know how he goes together. The instructions are in Japanese. o__o And all the pieces are mostly punched out. >.<

Ooo, that sucks that the pieces are punched out. He's pretty easy to put together just following the pictures if they're all where they should be, but if the pieces are loose I don't know how you could identify them even if you could read it. :/
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby MissIscariot » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:54 pm

I'd have to say my really nice Spock action figure from the line released with the new movie in 2009. Cloth uniform, interchangeable hands, the works. :D He's really awesome. A close second is my NRFB Mr. Sinister from the Age of Apocalypse line.
MissIscariot

Postby Android raptor » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Linteia wrote:
Lamia of the Dark wrote:
Linteia wrote:Image

Endless Waltz Wing Zero with LED lights. He's a beast and I love him. :)

Now I haz Gundam envy..... That thing is awesome >_<

He's amazing and insanely pose-able. I searched for the rest of the Gundam Wing boys, but Zero is the only one they made in that scale it seems like. :( I would kill for a Deathscythe Hell in the same size and complexity.

Like I mentioned in another thread, if that's a 1:60/Perfect Grade kit, shit ain't gonna happen. Bandai is pretty selective about what they put in that line, and side mechs from a 15+ year old AU series probably aren't on the horizon any time soon (if ever). Wing has had it's day and it's now old news, and despite its status here it's not going to get special treatment other series didn't get. If you really want one, maybe see if there's some way to make a custom.

/Gundam fan wisdom
Android raptor
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Linteia » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:59 pm

Android raptor wrote:
Like I mentioned in another thread, if that's a 1:60/Perfect Grade kit, shit ain't gonna happen. Bandai is pretty selective about what they put in that line, and side mechs from a 15+ year old AU series probably aren't on the horizon any time soon (if ever). Wing has had it's day and it's now old news, and despite its status here it's not going to get special treatment other series didn't get. If you really want one, maybe see if there's some way to make a custom.

/Gundam fan wisdom

Oh I know. If they didn't make it then (and as far as I can tell, they didn't) it's not gonna happen now. It'll never stop me from wishing, though. /sigh
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Android raptor » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:14 am

Linteia wrote:Oh I know. If they didn't make it then (and as far as I can tell, they didn't) it's not gonna happen now. It'll never stop me from wishing, though. /sigh

The PG line is mainly used for lead protagonist mechs and occasionally villain mechs (when it comes to the biggest, most iconic UC series anyway). Wing's lucky to have anything to represent it in the line, considering G, 08th MS Team, 0080, X, F91, V, and Turn-A have nothing (granted non-PG 1/60 scale kits do exist for a few of those series, though I don't know if any of those are still in production). Like I said, if you have your heart set on it, try and see if there's some way to kitbash a custom.

On a vaguely related note, if I ever cave in and spend way too much money to own this bitch, it'll probably be my favorite thing ever. I should probably get this guy first though, since it comes with a little mini version that will hopefully keep my Apsaras cravings at bay so I don't spend like a bajilion dollars getting the first kit off Y!J.

jhvsduigheuwrfdgk I should probably get on topic and post shit I actually own :I
Android raptor
i see dead dolliehs

Postby SuniMoon » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:52 pm

I don't have my own pic of her, but I have a huge collection of Hellsing figures, and my favorite is http://www.estarland.com/AnimeMerchandi ... 34240.html

I love this model to pieces. She's just so much huger than all my itty bitty Hellsing models, she's an awesome centerpiece.
Although the new Revoltech Alucard might take her place as my favorite when it comes out.

*sigh* I always say I never have enough money for more BJD's, but when I look at all the money I've spent on Hellsing over the years... O___o
SuniMoon

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:58 pm

I don't collect much statues and figurines due to lack of space. But these two are my fave. I'm kinda partial to dress up my Chun Li based dolls in the qipao because of them

Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Siead » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:35 pm

i can't pick one of them, so i'll have to just post all 3 of her. i adore catwoman figs and got my hands on 3.
they are the Ame-comi V2 blue suit varient, the Bishoujo Collection catwoman, and the ame-comi v1 purple suit varient.
i love the V2 for it's almost cyberpunkish details in the feet and gear, the BC for the detailing and amazing base (batman shaped gargoyle <3 ) and the V1 was my first catwoman statue :)
https://twitter.com/SieadAitGR is the central hub for all my hobby blog/vlogging.
Siead
the walls have dolliehs

Postby thisstrangeforest » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:49 am

somewhere in this house I have The lord of Darkness from Legend. Haven't found him since we've moved. Hubby also has that same Wing Zero he's almost finished. I'm waiting to see if he plans to customize him or keep him as is. He's always playing around with the smaller ones. He too was bummed that they didn't release any others in his size.
At home: Faun
thisstrangeforest
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby magkelly » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:59 pm

You know what? When I replied to this before I forgot about Frankie. I have an original Sideshow Karloff Frankenstein's Monster that was given to me a while back. At the time I had no idea he was a $99 action figure. When I found out I told the person and offered to give it back but she didn't want it. I'm a huge old horror movie freak and I love Karloff so I think he's too cool though I get tempted to sell him sometimes.
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys