Go to footer

Polly Pocket (modern, not vintage)

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: Polly Pocket (modern, not vintage)

Postby Vetinari » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Sounds like the idea behind this is rubber is a thermoplastic, so when it was moulded initially it was hot and was stretched out into shape, and held that way until cool. So it set at this size. But why you'd prestress it not sure (don't know v.much about rubber, possibly to make the clothes stronger in the stretched direction I spose so kids don't tear them when taking them off)

Sooo... I think heating it may allow the rubber to return to an unstretched state (sciencey blah, glass transition temp, molecules gaining enough energy to move out of a pseudo equilibrium to a lower energy stable equilibrium blah blah sciencey stuff).

Summary (soz am being a bit too keen I know!)
However I'd say really don't risk it unless you're willing to potentially destroy the outfit - since you've got no idea how much internal stress the rubber is under at the moment. So it might shrink a lot more than you're hoping for, if indeed heating it up does have any effect - it could very well do nothing at all.
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Evelien » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:54 pm

Well, seeing as I have a few old outfits I'm not using anyway, I might as well give it a shot. But not today. Maybe later :)
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:14 pm

Latest additions to my collection! by Ev's Dolls ♫, on Flickr

I just LOVE the Meowmallow girl and the girl with the blue buns!! So cute <3. Haven't redressed them yet!

I also noticed that some of these Pollys can twist and turn at the waist and some can't. I don't know if the series numbers (3 and 4) have anything to do with that.
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kittyasauras » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:22 pm

I went to the thrift stores and I found lots of accessories for polly but not polly herself. xD Are you looking for just the dolls, or do you want things like the cars, houses, etc.?
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm mainly looking for dolls, but thanks so much for looking at that stuff for me ^^
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby catshem » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:30 pm

I love this thread, these girls are so cute.

But i remember when Polly Pocket fit in you POCKET... and was a choking hazard. lol :lol:
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Evelien » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:34 pm

I've got some really nice new stuff since my last post here but real life has been hectic, I haven't taken pictures yet. Two of the new girls have rooted hair in colours I didn't have yet :D. Plus, I really should get started on my pink Polly wig...

Oh and an eBay seller sent me the wrong set with older Polly dolls (he/she was selling both the old and new version of a set) and hasn't replied to my question about this so far -_-. Sent them an email on Saturday. Oh well...
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Indigo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:22 pm

DId the Ebay seller ever get back to you about the Pollys?
I do hope so :(
Live to Play, Play to Live!
Indigo
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:44 am

They did, they'll be sending the correct set. I asked what they want me to do with the older set but they never replied...
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Wardah » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Some people make hybrids with their Polly Pockets besides the LPS and Blythe ones. The ones in the first remind me of Monster High for some reason.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10710228@N ... 7665934222
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20837663@N ... 6730710120
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys