Go to footer

Scratch-building parts

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Scratch-building parts

Postby DollyKim » Tue May 18, 2010 8:34 am

I've been looking at the Hobby Base ball joints and stuff LINK Has anyone worked with this stuff before? I'm putting deep thoughts in to getting some of these parts or something similar as I want to make a dozen figures. Any idea how many kits and what I'd need to give them jointed hips, knees, shoulders, elbows, and possibly necks and waists.

What about Kotobukiya parts?

Ball links?

Don't make me have to figure this out all by myself, danabbit!

(EDIT: Kim, I altered the link a bit because the URL was causing your post to stretch beyond the margins. -David)
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Scratch-building parts

Postby Dark Angel » Tue May 18, 2010 11:50 pm

:O That's awesome!!! YAY joints!!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Wed May 19, 2010 9:54 am

No yay waiting a month for SAL shipping, I'm not paying more for EMS than I pay for the joints. The thing is how big are they and how do they go together? I wish I could see them before buying. I have a Wave brand armature but I haven't seen another. Makes me wish I was closer to Little Tokyo or some other place with good model shops.

Twinkle thinking (flying fairy school) another way around this idea too. May go to the library and check out the Ray Harryhausen book.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jade_Hunter » Wed May 19, 2010 9:14 pm

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/HBS03066.aspx

You can try them, they might be easier I have not ordered yet, I decided not to go with the 3 3/4 gi joes and just play with dolls but they do seem to have allot of stuff....

P.s. edited for spelling don't want to be posted in "things that don't make any sense" :D
Jade_Hunter

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys