Go to footer

MLP FiM Pony Blind Bag Figures

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

MLP FiM Pony Blind Bag Figures

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:25 pm

I have a new obsession, the MLP FiM Wave 1 Blind Bag Pony Figures (well and wave 2 & 3). But so far only wave 1 is out in the US. With apparently wave 2 coming out shortly. :D Anyone else find this brand of plastic crack yet as well?

I've got all but a few from the first wave now, and I'm hopefully going to win them on ebay in the next day or so. I can't stop eyeing Big Mac from wave 3, but he's only currently available in Europe, and but I'm just not sure I want to pay $10+ for one of them when they are usually $2 at TRU and Walmart. Otherwise I will try and wait it out for later this year when they should hopefully be releasing wave 3 here.

I have a few photos with my BJD's and ponies, but I got a large number more today so I was thinking about doing (/gasp) a JUST ponies shoot.

Here is my girl with the start of my new addiction:

And Big Mac that I keep eyeing:

A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Re: MLP FiM Pony Blind Bag Figures

Postby Evelien » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:52 pm

Those transparent ones are so sweet!!

-edit- Hey... is Astrid called Inara now..?
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby quidam » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Yes, yes, yes!!!!

I've been waiting so impatiently since I heard that they were hitting Walmarts in the US. I had to take my mom to a walk in clinic late on Valentines day and had to check to see if they were there. I got myself 5, and my mom got me 5 more!

Yay! 10 ponies!I like them a lot more than the normal ponies.

You do know that they are not completely blind, right? There is a number stamped into the foil ridge that matches the card number for each pony. So you don't have to get duplicates if you don't want them!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby fleacollar999 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:27 pm

OHMAHGOWSH I needs a Big Mac! I have an obsession with that pony lol. And my sis wants a Pinkie Pie... So you get these ponies at Walmart, eh? ¬3¬ :begins plotting:
fleacollar999.deviantart.com

Lourdes- 27cm Obitsu
Clara- 27cm Obitsu
Emma- Liv
Antigone (Tigs)- Hujoo Berry
Nissh- Pukipuki Pukisha
Rhode "Pyxy" Maxwell- BBB Rachel on RS Xue body
Roshana Sa'adat- Desert Jewelz Bratz
fleacollar999
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Mkay, I figure once you have at least 1/2-2/3 of what you want paying a bit more for the specific ones you want and being done with it is a viable option. Just hunt around and you'll do okay.

Another option is several people getting in n this and buying packs and swapping with others. All I can say about extras is if you don't/can't sell them repaint them and make customs. The size is just too perfect for dolls.

And no, I won't join, not in to Ponies.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Evelien wrote:Those transparent ones are so sweet!!

-edit- Hey... is Astrid called Inara now..?

Yea... she had a change of heart.

quidam wrote:Yes, yes, yes!!!!

I've been waiting so impatiently since I heard that they were hitting Walmarts in the US. I had to take my mom to a walk in clinic late on Valentines day and had to check to see if they were there. I got myself 5, and my mom got me 5 more!

Yay! 10 ponies!I like them a lot more than the normal ponies.

You do know that they are not completely blind, right? There is a number stamped into the foil ridge that matches the card number for each pony. So you don't have to get duplicates if you don't want them!

After reading more about them I found out how much less blind they really are, so... hopefully after wave 1 I can make sure not to get duplicates. Yay? I'm not sure about that, I kind of like the blind aspect of them, plus the only doubles I have so far are of the mane 6, and I'm thinking.... Doctor Whoooves custom? :D
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay

Postby quidam » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:54 pm

I do like the blind aspect of things too. I love surprises! I didn't look up numbers before choosing my first ones for that purpose.

But, now that I have a nice handful, there are some I want to make certain I get, namely the sparkly ponies.

Oddly, even though I wasn't looking at number when choosing, the 10 I ended up with are the first 10 in that picture. How is that for kind of freaky?
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:11 pm

I grabbed all that were left at my local TRU and I got all but the last 4 and a sparkley Twilight Sparkle, so I don't think it's coincidence Quidam.
AlmySidaKay

Postby skookum hime » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Equestria Daily has the method on how to "cheat" and get the ponies you want.

I did and now I have...half of wave 1
skookum hime
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:42 am

Doctor Whoooves could be cool, heck all 11 Doctors could really be interesting.

Make customs, do they have a Derpy in there?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys