Go to footer

The "other" ponies

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

The "other" ponies

Postby quidam » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:06 pm

How about all of those other ponies out there? You know: the wannbe ponies. There's a whole slew of knock offs and copycats out there.

I discovered Filly Princess ponies the other day. They sell them in blind bags at Target. I had to get one. The thing to draw you in is that they all have crowns, and you might get one of the random ones with Swarovski crystals in in. (Yay! sparkles!)
The actual best feature? They are totally flocked!!!!! Yes that's right: They may be ugly. They may be chunky. They may be MLP rip offs, BUT they have full body flocking. (even over the eyes!)

I also admit interest in the ones that you find in dollar stores that look like old school MLP without the cutie marks.

So, anyone else like the unloved ponies of the world?
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Re: The "other" ponies

Postby myotishia » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:16 pm

I have one of those princess ones. It had wings. ^_^ My bjd's tend to use them as toys.
I've seen loads of the old style in poundland but none of the new style.
feeling unwelcome. It was a good sanctuary while it lasted. I'll miss you guys. .
myotishia
Dolly Pardon

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:49 am

I got a knockoff pony at a Goodwill once just to steal it's insert eyes. Oddly enough they look great in Jasper. ;P
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby KingNorth » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:40 am

Where is the best place to get cheap fakie ponies? Besides the dollar store? I wonder if you still find these guys at thrift stores.
KingNorth
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Trethowan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:32 pm

I saw some at the grocery store on an end cap.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:46 pm

This is apparently real http://www.offthewalltoys.com/

Check Dollar Tree for crappy ponies.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:42 pm

I think I've regularly seen some Pony copies at Dollar General and Family Dollar. (They're not dollar stores---as in not everything's $1---but sort of small, even lower-priced than Wal-Mart mini convenience/department stores.) I think the ponies are between $3-5 each.

Walgreens has genuine ponies and MH dolls. I actually bought my Fashion Style Rarity at Walgreens! She was much higher priced than at Wal-Mart ($16.99 vs $12.88) but she's rare, so I was happy to find her even for the $16.99! If any of you live near a Walgreens, you should check them out and see if they have the Fashion Style Applejack on the shelf. If you hit the jackpot and find her, you should buy her (even at $16.99) and sell her on eBay! She's been going for between $75 - $110 there since last year!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby famedglory » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:03 am

Narwhalicorn is fantastic! I have a coworker who would love that thing.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys