Go to footer

G4 'Mane Six' Ponies & (Mostly) Custom Pets! ^^

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

G4 'Mane Six' Ponies & (Mostly) Custom Pets! ^^

Postby SetsunaKou » Wed May 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi, everyone!!!

I recently finished making my set of 4" G4 ponies and their 1.5" pets!!! I loved the Winona and Angel Bunny that Applejack and Fluttershy came with, and wondered why the other ponies were gypped of their pets!

So I set about to make Opalescence for Rarity, Gummy for Pinkie Pie, Owlysius for Twilight Sparkler and Tank for Rainbow Dash. ^^

Here they are, all together:

Individually (except Fluttershy, since I didn't touch her or Angel Bunny at all):

Hope you like them!!!!! Now, I just need to buy a Shining Armor pony to customize into Prince Blueblood for my favorite Rarity! ^.~
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: G4 'Mane Six' Ponies & (Mostly) Custom Pets! ^^

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu May 10, 2012 7:27 pm

They all look great!
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby KatyaR » Thu May 10, 2012 8:11 pm

fantastic! If they looked this show accurate on the shelf I would buy them in an instant.
KatyaR
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby quidam » Fri May 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Good job! I'm especially loving Opal. You definitely got her attitude right!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sun May 13, 2012 2:24 am

SetsunaKou wrote:Now, I just need to buy a Shining Armor pony to customize into Prince Blueblood for my favorite Rarity! ^.~

You do realise he treated Rarity pretty terribly in the season 1 finale and pretty much universally hated :P I totally recommend you turn Shining Armor into Fancypants because he's awesome because she treats Rarity like a lady and has a sweet moustache.

I really love the pets though! I really should get around to working on them for my mane 6 haha.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby rishimsin » Fri May 18, 2012 7:48 pm

These are awesome~ I only have Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Applejack right now but it's cool to see well styled versions of the Mane Six! I love your AJ's hat. I need to style my poor Dashie..I've just been nervous about it, yours looks amazing though!
rishimsin

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri May 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Awww, thank you SO MUCH Alopecia-san, KatyaR-san, quidam-san, KD-san and Rishimsin-san!! :hugs: I'm so happy you like them! I couldn't resist buying them---they're just too cute and it was fun to style their hair and tails to be more accurate. (I can't believe Hasbro sells them so....bland/incorrect! How do they get away with it?!?)

And when Applejack and Fluttershy came with their pets, I couldn't help but make the rest!!! (I'm a nut when it comes to 'completion.') ^^;;

For Applejack's hat, it's actually a "1984 Western Barbie" hat! I cut the front shape and then painted the whole thing a tan color. It fits perfectly and really makes her! (Again, I can't believe Hasbro gets away without giving Applejack her hat! I mean, she never (well, almost never) is seen without it!!!! :laughs: Thank you for liking it!!!! For Rainbow Dash, I cut her hair/styled it but I also made the trimmed hair from her mane in a plug to push into her tail, so ALL the rainbow colors are in the tail, too and not just the blue/purple! I think it really made a difference to her accuracy. ^^

You do realise he treated Rarity pretty terribly in the season 1 finale and pretty much universally hated

Ha ha! I found that out recently, but I can't help but love him anyway, because of 3 fanfictions I've read/am currently reading, which I adore! (Four, actually, but the first 2 really cinched it for me!) Because of them, I find him a really great character (they're super 'in character' so they're a great read! He's not some wonderful OOC pony, but is actually the terror he is in the series, who comes around in the end---mostly.) and the one I envision with Rarity. ^^;; (I don't know if you saw them, but I even made plushies of this pair, in the plush section here.)

Flight of the Alicorn -
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/6007/Th ... he-Alicorn

The Best Night Ever (and it's sequel 'The Platinum Crown') -
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7523099/1/T ... Night_Ever

I forgot the name of the other one I enjoyed---it was simpler and cuter, but fun. (About Big Macintosh training Blueblood to be.....aha! That's it! The title is 'To Be a Better Stallion.' )

So, for me, though unpopular, it'll always be Blueblood x Rarity. :laughs:

But thanks for liking the pets, too!!!! I actually just saw that you made a Gummy! He's SOOOOO cute!!! I love yours best! He's too adorably perfect!!

Thanks again, min-na!!! I appreciate your comments so much!! :hugs:
Last edited by SetsunaKou on Sat May 19, 2012 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby rishimsin » Sat May 19, 2012 12:52 am

I agree that it's terrible that Hasbro can get away with making them look so bland and not much like the show! A brony/pegasister should not have to go through so much to customize their toys! :p But I guess because we are so tolerant we manage!

A barbie hat huh? That's really cool, I might have to go through e-bay. My AJ has a pink hat that came on a G3 toy that I am thinking about painting for her, but it's pretty big on her much smaller head. ^^:
rishimsin

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys