Go to footer

Busou Shinki/Little Pullip Frankendollieh!

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Busou Shinki/Little Pullip Frankendollieh!

Postby Medieval » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:57 pm

How to make a Little Pullip happy

I wanted to give my Little Witch a new lease of life, so after gaining inspiration from Pandor I gathered my tools and got to work.

Busou Shinki basic body came with all these wonderful extras, many of which I won't use. But I did find a peg that would fit into the neck and could be used to frankendolly a Little Pullip . . .

Busou Shinki come with all these extras. I am going to have such fun with these hands! And look at those shoes. :)

Choose a neck peg. Check which extra fits the best ~ and be careful because the first peg I tried slightly split the neck of the Shinki body. Not to worry too much though, as you'll be glueing later on. In the mean time, cut that extra tag off.

There you are. Easily achieved using a craft knife and a self healing mat. Please note, no fingers were hurt during this procedure.

As you can see, the cut down peg fits perfectly into the appropriate hole of the old style Little Pullip head. Now all you need to do is glue the peg into the neck. I used 2 part epoxy as I wanted to make the whole neck join secure after splitting it.

And here is the finished dollieh. Little Witch head nestled on a Busou Shinki body, next to an original Little Pullip one. There is a slight change in colour between the two parts, but not one that is too noticeable when she is wearing clothes.

Naturally, glueing the neck piece on means that I can't change the bust piece of the Shinki, but once again I don't mind that at all.

Hope that this gives someone the inspiration to try it on their dollieh. Good luck. :)

This Photo Story is generated by PhotoStory Generator. Free & No Download!
Medieval

Re: Busou Shinki/Little Pullip Frankendollieh!

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:55 pm

where do you acquire those bodies? I have about four little pullip who might be interested in new bodies.....
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Talk about a growth spurt! ;)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Medieval » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:24 am

This is the ebay seller I bought the Shinki body from. They are mega helpful!

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SAMURAI-TOYS-JAPAN
Medieval

Postby Pandor » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:40 am

GENIUS! Why couldn't I have thought of that when I modded my Shinki's neck for Mini Mercu? :lol:
I may have to undo the current mods and try this...
Thanks much for the tutorial!!
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby leopardessmoon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:03 pm

there seems to be a couple different sizes of these little bodies...how to they compare to obitsus?
leopardessmoon

Postby Warrior » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:38 pm

leopardessmoon wrote:there seems to be a couple different sizes of these little bodies...how to they compare to obitsus?

I want to know too!

They seem like good bodies to work with.
Warrior
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Glace Leau » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Great job! She looks really cute on that body, much more expressive.

The MMS 1st and MMS 3rd "tall" bodies are all about 14 cm tall with a head. MMS 3rd "small" is, I think, about 2 cm shorter. They are about half the size of an Obitsu, not compatible at all in size! I really love these bodies though. The posing is very good, and I only have the old MMS 1st versions. These reviews are in Japanese but should give you an idea of the posing capabilities.
http://tamabase.3.pro.tok2.com/toy100.html
Where did all these 1/6s come from?!
Glace Leau
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Astrid » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:23 pm

thats pretty cool and looks nice too.. I have some mini pullips ( I like the mini ones better then the large ones)

and my mini pullips bodies are getting stained from their costumes so maybe its time to change their bodies!

thanks for sharing the pictures
Astrid
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby leopardessmoon » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:44 am

Glace: wow! thanks for that link! those are pretty amazeing. and I like the smaller size, they would go better with my figmas. so now I just gott a find some extra funding!

Asrid: what will you do with the outfits if you size the bodies up? cause I have a theory that those just might fit my CCC fuuga. I havent had any extra funds to buy a minipullip though. *wants the Libra*!
leopardessmoon

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys