Go to footer

MLP Seahorses. Anyone recognise them?

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: MLP Seahorses. Anyone recognise them?

Postby Rage_girl » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:36 pm

i never owned any of those. but i was helping a friend clean out her old toys from the attic and she has a whole bin of old mlp. needless to say she did not donate them >>
Dollies and pretty things @_@
Rage_girl
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Siead » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:48 pm

i swear i once saw modern-style MLP knockoff seahorses in a dollarstore. but i can't find them again for the life of me.
https://twitter.com/SieadAitGR is the central hub for all my hobby blog/vlogging.
Siead
the walls have dolliehs

Postby littlesamuraigirl » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:26 am

I've been out of collecting ponies for years, but at one point in time the sea ponies were hard to find. I don't know if it's the same now. Anyway, congrats! They are lovely ^w^
littlesamuraigirl
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby Tasuke » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:22 am

Shoo-be-Dooo, Shoo-Shoo-be-Dooo!!!

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony_Special

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_at_Midnight_Castle

somewhat embarrassing for a full grown 33 year old man to admit, i suppose,
but the 1984 MLP T.V. series pilot episode was one of the first Videocassettes
my mother ever bought, and she in fact bought it for me as a boy.
and yes, she bought me original MLP toys, LOTS OF THEM, indeed,
I WAS A BOY WITH A LARGE MY LITTLE PONY COLLECTION. thank god i was home schooled,
and had a sheltered upbringing, as this was something i clearly
would have been murdered eight ways to Sunday over in any public venue such as Public School.

anyway i actually enjoyed the tape and watched it quite often then, and yes, the Shoo-be-Dooo Sea Pony song
was forever to have been etched into my psyche to this day. yes, i still have the cassette, and yes,
i've watched it again recently for old times' sake, on what is probably the most masculine VHS VCR ever made;

(( Sea-Ponies, Sea,-Ponies, when You're in Distress!! Shoo-be Dooo!!! GOD, I NEED HELP...))

(( yes, it's a 30 year old videotape that still plays beautifully. never mind what people like to say
about videotape deteriorating to non-usable state after a couple-three decades, it is a myth.))

anyway, oh well, i suppose i shouldn't feel too bad now, after all, MLPs evidently are "EVERYONE's FAVORITE TOY""
Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Tasuke wrote:(( yes, it's a 30 year old videotape that still plays beautifully. never mind what people like to say
about videotape deteriorating to non-usable state after a couple-three decades, it is a myth.))

My experience with videotape and audio tape was that they deteriorated to a non-usable state after a couple-three months…

Not strictly true, maybe, but I did have a far higher than average attrition rate with tapes than any of my peers. Especially audio. Which meant that when I did buy a tape I immediately made a copy or two of it! Minidiscs and CDs came not a moment too soon!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tasuke » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:56 pm

huh. maybe it's the U.K. climate?
Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:38 pm

It was probably more likely something I was doing. No idea what, mind you, but no-one else I knew seemed to have the same problems! (More precisely I had two main problems - tapes getting eaten a lot, and tapes becoming unplayable after not much use)

I also managed to warp a portion of my vinyl collection by storing them on a windowsill… :roll:
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys