Go to footer

Bandai's S.H. Figuarts Shizuo and Izaya EVER coming out?

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Bandai's S.H. Figuarts Shizuo and Izaya EVER coming out?

Postby MeltedCaramel » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:11 pm

Okay, I don't know if this belongs here (really I wanted to find a forum that said "RANT, RANT, RANT" and post there), and if it doesn't, please accept this ceremonial knife mods. (No, seriously, I do apologize, I'm still learning the ropes and you know what they say about ropes and strangling yourself when given too much.) So, Bandai shows off two amazing, painted prototypes at the...*stretches mind back that far* October 2012 Dengeki festival, and there STILL isn't even a hint of a release date. It's like these two fully prototyped figures (including an impressive as-yet-unpainted full size scale vending machine for Shizuo) just showed up, got everyone all excited, and then faded softly into that painful night.

I know Bandai is legendary for taking FOREVER to release new figures, but the static, 1/8 Alter versions of Shizuo and Izaya continue to be one of the more popular figures (and counterfeits) out there, and Durarara!! (I didn't even watch the full show I'm totally in it for the guys not gonna lie) continues to be insanely popular both abroad and in Japan, so why Bandai isn't striking while the iron is BURNING is beyond me.

To add insult to injury another festival came and went and Bandai seemed to get out all their Kamen Riders figures out just fine. Anyone else irritated at this? Anyone else want these guys? Anyone have hope they'll ever even appear, like a wild legendary poke'mon on your DS?

In case anyone hasn't seen the pictures, someone took some really nice shots at the festival (or they're Bandai teaser shots, not sure) and posted them on myfigurecollection:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/128181 Orihaya Izaya
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/128183 Heiwajima Shizuo

If anyone has info, please share. If you just want to commiserate, that's more than fine with me. These figures make me pretty miserable with their mocking "TBA" dates which are code for "They're Bandai Ahhhh-never?"
"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -Robin Williams
MeltedCaramel
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Bandai's S.H. Figuarts Shizuo and Izaya EVER coming out?

Postby MeltedCaramel » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:39 am

So that's where this was moved to! I'm sorry Greyhaunt!!! ORZ
"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -Robin Williams
MeltedCaramel
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys