Go to footer

How to style synthetic wig?

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

How to style synthetic wig?

Postby Tahlise » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:07 pm

Hi, just got my doll's wig today and it's hiding his eyes when it's on his head. I want to give him a side part. What do you wonderful people use to style your synthetic wigs? I have heard of using normal human hair products such as Redkin Water Wax and stuff like that. I don't want it to be stiff to the touch. I'd like it to still be soft but parted and holding the shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)
Tahlise
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: How to style synthetic wig?

Postby OkamiKodomo » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:16 pm

If the wig is heat resisting fiber, you can use a hair drier and a flat iron!
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby zirconmermaid » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:15 am

If there is enough hair to allow side parting, and the wig is not heat resistant, wash it in cool water, style VERY carefully because the hair will be easier to damage when wet, and use a little conditioner while wet. Let dry. Hit very lightly with hair spray. Always test first in less accessible places on the wig. What brand of wig/fiber is it?
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Tahlise » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:29 am

Uhhh...it's from Blueblood Doll. It's this...http://www.blueblooddoll.com/on-sale/1- ... ig-w-0096/ and my GF has this...http://www.blueblooddoll.com/1-3-bjd-ch ... wig-w-174/

We both are clueless on styling ><.

And they are heat resistant, OkamiKodomo...but I'm chicken to use heat. I'm afraid I'll mess it up somehow since I am not very experienced. ><
Tahlise
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby OkamiKodomo » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Just go slow and use only a little heat at a time. The way I did the wig for my doll, Ashe, was to use a wig stand made from a foam egg, and a wooden post, then pinned the wig in place and set the fibers with a hair drier.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks