Go to footer

Elastic Lace Wastbands/Leg Bands for 1/5~1/6 Doll Panties

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Elastic Lace Wastbands/Leg Bands for 1/5~1/6 Doll Panties

Postby Tasuke » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:50 am

MitisFeles wrote:I love these undies, where did you get a lace trim so small? I've been uselessly searching for it for months T_T

look for the packs of FRUIT OF THE LOOM Brief or Bikini-style nylon Panties, in white or colors.
these have elastic lace leg bands that are ideal for the purposes shown.

i use the lace as is for the waistband, and cut it in half straight along the centerline
in order to make the leg bands. you must use FRAY CHECK along the entirety of your lengths
before cutting them in half, or they will fray apart and be useless. i learned this the hard way.
it is also important to FRAY CHECK the very ends of the waistband length.

i often also put the actual Panties' waistbands to use in pairs of stockings i make.

here is my precious Miku-chan modelling all of the above mentioned techniques;

and this is generally what you want to look for. the elasti-lace on this brand
is much prettier and more elaborate than the HANES brand equivalents;

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Elastic Lace Wastbands/Leg Bands for 1/5~1/6 Doll Pantie

Postby Tasuke » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:28 pm

buying brand new packs of these is foolproof. just get the largest size you can find; larger panties = more materials for the money.
i even make my doll panties with cotton-lined crotches... as close as possible to the real thing, which is now, with my skills as they currently are, just about exactly dead-on.

the Bras/Bralets are made pretty much the same way, with pretty much the same materials, all the lace trim, however is cut along it's center-line length.
this not only results in double the materials from a single length, -if done precisely- but looks much better in place on the finished product.

Stockings and Socks are made from pairs of white women's tights i find at WAL-MART. the material, gleaned from both legs, -the hip section is generally unusable-
makes for ideally-fitting hosiery for dolls, with just the right degree of spandex content for an ideal pliant stretch. further, the fabrics' weave is fine enough
to look natural and quite realistic even on the smallest dolls. finally, the Panties come into the picture again, as you can use either the waistband or leg band trimmings
to make lovely lacy cuffs for the Stockings...
Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Elastic Lace Wastbands/Leg Bands for 1/5~1/6 Doll Pantie

Postby Tasuke » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:37 pm

with larger 1/5 dolls, such as the TSUKUDA HOBBY ToHeart series, and, even more so with 60cm. 1/3 Dollfie-type scales,
you can get away with applying the legband lace pretty much as is, and it will look fine.

this is precisely what i did with the reworked undies of my latest girl, one of the aforementioned 1/5 ToHeart series dolls.
at this relatively large scale,a quick and easy job works just dandy, but for the far more petite 1/6 sizes such as 27cm. OBITSU BODY based dolls,
one absolutely must FRAY CHECK this lace and cut it along it's centerline length to have it look right. see this comparison for a great example;

1/5 TSUKUDA HOBBY ToHeart HMX-12 Multi

1/6 MEGAHOUSE The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Mikuru Asahina

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks