Go to footer

New things from JSpot?

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

New things from JSpot?

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:30 am

Hi

I noticed that Junky Spot has new varnishes and what not. So my question is, are they really permanent? For example:

Vallejo Auxillary Products - Gloss Varnish 60ml
Can not be eliminated once dry. It is recommended to apply two coats of varnish, with an interval of at least 4 hours. Quickdrying Varnish can be diluted with water if desired. U.V. resistent.

And the
Vallejo Acrylic Aerosol Varnish 400ml - Matte
Waterbased acrylic varnish. Quick drying. Protects with a MATTE and transparent, very permanent and waterproof coating. Does not yellow. Universal Application.
Dries quickly. For best results, spray from a distance of 20-30 cm from surface, spraying fine layers and allowing varnish to dry between applications.

Anyone use these yet? Are they just like MSC and other glosses?
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: New things from JSpot?

Postby victoriavictrix » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:38 am

Emory tried them himself on vinyl and said they work very well. As to permanent....well, I can't say and neither can he. I would imagine they would be like MSC.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Eseme » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Wall, Vallejo, like Reaper, is a company that makes paint and supplies for painting metal miniatures. So that would be what the products are optimized for. Miniature painters definitely care a great deal about things like "does this spray sealer turn yellow?" so the products will have been designed to prevent or minimize that.

As for how it works on vinyl, I don't know. Again, most miniatures are white metal (tin) or hard plastic.

Most miniature painters swear by Testor's Dull Coat, which is the gold standard for a dead matt finish and no yellowing in the miniature painting world. I have heard very bad things about using it on dolls (on this very board, in fact).

I would be hesitant, and ask for pics. If Emory has tried it out, I would hope that he would post pics.

I have not been to the JS forums in months, as I set up the wrong ID over there, and when I try to sign up for a new account with the correct user name, the validation email is never sent to me. SO I gave up.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:11 pm

I'm bringing this back up, because it looks like JSpot doesn't sell MSC anymore?!

Anyone tried this on Resin and vinyl?
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:09 pm

I bought the Vallejo spray and hope to have a chance before my sinus surgery Friday to at least begin my Qian's face-up with it.

Last I remember, sprays like MSC were going to have to revamp because of some new, stricter law in Europe (I believe). So that could be the reason that (1) Emory isn't carrying it right now and/or (2) Emory can't get it right now.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby victoriavictrix » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:42 am

Two things: a new stricter law in Europe, and a new law in the US that mandates the label be in English.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks