Go to footer

Stuff with a shelf life

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Stuff with a shelf life

Postby DollyKim » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Well, I learned this the hard way.

Amazing Mold Putty has a shelf life of 6-8 months so if you buy any use it immediately.

If it's past it's shelf life it won't properly cure and stay too soft. In about 20 minutes it shouldn't look shiny wet and be hard enough that you can't leave a scratch or fingernail mark in it. If properly cured it should hold its shape.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Stuff with a shelf life

Postby WhiteDove01s » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Thanks so very much for the warning. I was looking into that stuff for later, but I always try to never buy anything that might have a finite shelf life unless I've got projects lined up so it'll all get used up quickly... primarily because I'm the most absent-minded person I know and otherwise it'll go to waste. (Example, I kept thinking I ought to get/try glue sticks. Turns out I've had some in the butter compartment of the fridge for the last 5+ years that I got, put in there because chilling them is supposed to make the glue go on better, and then completely forgot about. Luckily, the glue sticks do not have a finite shelf life.)
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks