Go to footer

Grazed Knees and Elbows?

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Grazed Knees and Elbows?

Postby InfiniteStar » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm getting a BJD who is an active, mischievous sporty type and would like her to have grazed knees and elbows like when you skim them on gravel? because she's always getting into things but I'm not sure how to do it, would this be like scar mods? Any tips on how I could manage this effectively?
InfiniteStar
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Grazed Knees and Elbows?

Postby K2! » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:57 pm

I would suggest sticking with a paint treatment rather than and sort of texturing or resurfacing. You can paint on scabs, raspberries, bruises, etc., which can be removed easily and completely later if you ever decide to resell the doll. Whereas carved in injuries would require more extensive repair.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby InfiniteStar » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:05 pm

Oh I was going to do the white glue stuff, not carve it in! I shouldve been more clear, I'm not confident to carve a doll. I seen some scar tutorials where its paint and white glue for a kind of raised textured scar? I'm more looking into that type of thing, I can remove it later then if need be.
InfiniteStar
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Faydreams » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:26 am

It's easy enough with white glue and pastels. I actually gave one of my dolls scars that way.

Just mix your paint/pastels with the white glue to a shade lighter than you want. Then use a tooth pick to apply it to the skin of the doll. The more layers you use the more raised and new the scar will look.
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby Trethowan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:42 pm

You can also use a little bit of hot glue and pastels. The (low temp) hot glue can be spread as thin/heavy as you like, it peels off, and it paints nicely. If I can find it I'll post a scar I painted using this method. It's somewhere in the 1:3, when I got Emil finished.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10290&hilit=Emil
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:55 am

Ban Sidhe on DOA did the glue scar makeup for Noble. It was her first attempt and it is wonderful. She said it was easy to peel off the first attempt or two while she worked to get it just right.

Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:09 pm

I've done removable scar mods with white heavy body acrylic. This example is Liquitex Basics, their cheapest line of student grade acrylics. Then, I put a few layers of pastel and opaque water color over it.

Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks