Go to footer

Tear Drop

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Tear Drop

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Oh do you make tears or blood on your doll?

like on this dollieh
http://ringdoll.com/product/RingSpecial/Jessica.html
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Tear Drop

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Well, in her case they are just flat painted on - no special effects or anything in those tears. If you want something more three dimensional you can either go to a high end art supply store and get some acrylic medium that is made to add dimensionality to paint, mix it in and use that. Or if you want to stay cheap and easily removeable you can use Elmer's glue to create the tear and then paint over it.

The blood smudge on her cheek was probabyl done by getting a very very very light amount of paint on a sponge (preferably not a dish sponge or one that comes with soap in it) or textured cloth, daub most of the paint off and when it's nearly dry create the smudge on the cheek.

Dark Angel wrote:Oh do you make tears or blood on your doll?

like on this dollieh
http://ringdoll.com/product/RingSpecial/Jessica.html
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:08 am

Really? It's just painted on? I thought it looked a bit 3D.

Ok, 'nother question. I use Liquitex Medium Gloss... But I don't think it makes it glossy... What do you all use?
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby arrowchild » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:21 am

I LOVE painting tears, (so much so that I have 2 boys right now that are perpetually upset lol).

For 3D tears I use gloss medium/varish, plop a blob on the face where I want the tear to be and sloooowly trail it up to the eye with a small brush before it's dried. Add some red paint and-tada! Blood tears
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:18 pm

I can't remember what brand of gloss i use to gloss lips and stuff....I'll check when I get home. Googly recommended it to me aaaages ago :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks