Go to footer

Eyebrows from a template

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Eyebrows from a template

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:59 pm

I hate eyebrows. Getting them placed is a nightmare. Getting them right is worse. They don't make stencils and the templates you can get online are too delicate to cut to make into stencils. And don't get me started on water-slide decals sliding everywhere except where you want them.

But I just figured out the perfect solution!

Print out a set of templates; Batchix has some on her website for resinoids. http://www.g36.net/ocdesigns/eyebrows/eyebrows1.gif

Color them in with watercolor pencils.

Tape to the forehead, colored side down. Now gently sponge the paper until it is damp clear through. Carefully pull up the paper. Enough of the color will have transferred from the paper to the doll head that you can use that as your guide to finish the eyebrows.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Eyebrows from a template

Postby sadmac356 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:47 am

Oh wow that's really clever! I would never have thought of that!
sadmac356
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby embyquinn » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Having just redone MSD Cherry's brows, I second the assertion that doing them is a pain. One thing I have learned in helping to keep them even is to turn the head upside down to change the perspective. Also a mirror can help. There is " handedness" to eyes just as there is to hands, and being left-handed I have to check everything I do artistically to make sure it doesn't look crooked to 90 percent of the world...
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:24 pm

I actually did this myself with some tape for my last faceup and it worked really well. I just folded the piece of tape in half and cut out the shape. Placed the tape on the head and filled the brows in!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks