Go to footer

3D Printable Doll Hands and Wrist Peg suitable for MH & EAH

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

3D Printable Doll Hands and Wrist Peg suitable for MH & EAH

Postby LizzyLovesSatan » Fri May 01, 2020 6:56 pm

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:43143 ... r-TSOYAFlY

Sample images during the design process ~
(Fiddling around with different models and sizes, seeing what works, fighting with my printer to get a nice result...)

I am so tired of missing Monster High hands. I'm also very lucky to have a 3D printer!
I'm gonna keep it short in the interest of just getting this posted, but please let me know if you have questions about the files.

The Thingiverse link above has two readymade hands remixed from other files, a wrist peg from another file that I had to alter to fit the doll better but now it sits pretty nicely in the wrist for me, and a wrist ball socket and "cube hole" to create the wrist joint. These hands were created for Monster High girls, but can easily be scaled or sized to fit anyone with the right wrist mechanism. Ever After High girls have a similar mechanism, but the wrist peg needs to be slimmed down a lot to fit into an Ever After High doll arm.

The process for making these hands is pretty simple - find a 3d Hand model (or any other thing you like, who cares? Slap any old model on that joint and you've got a hand!), cut the hand off just at the wrist, scale it to the right size and place the ball joint centered at the end of the wrist. Sink it about halfway into the model, then use the Cube Hole to create a slot in the wrist that the wrist peg can sit in. The Cube Hole is the right width to fit perfectly in the slot that the Wrist Ball has, though you may need to make it taller to cut all the way through the hand.

Again, hopefully that's helpful! I'll have more pictures later as well. I've been having a lot of fun seeing what weird things I can make into doll hands!
This has been fully successful for me. The hands aren't perfect, and the wrist mechanism doesn't sit as nicely as the factory ones, but it's WAY better than no hand at all and it's a very passable option.

* This project is not necessarily suitable for children and the SMALL parts may not hold up to rough play. I created these hands for artistic purposes, so please be sensible in choosing how to use them! *
Last edited by LizzyLovesSatan on Sun May 03, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:twisted:
LizzyLovesSatan
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: 3D Printable Doll Hands and Wrist Peg suitable for MH &

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun May 03, 2020 11:48 am

I would love to see pictures of the printed models.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby LizzyLovesSatan » Sun May 03, 2020 7:20 pm

zirconmermaid wrote:I would love to see pictures of the printed models.

Hi! I added a couple of my test pictures to the post <3 I'll need to take more! I have so few images from this project.
:twisted:
LizzyLovesSatan
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Kattriella » Sat May 09, 2020 8:36 pm

Ooh, I like this idea.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks